AMT Ecto-1A Model Kit is a 1:25 scale model kit based off the Ecto-1a from Ghostbusters II. It was originally released in 1989 by The Ertl Company under their AMT brand. It was later re-released in new packaging and with new decals (designed for being an Ecto-1 or an Ecto-1A) in May 2012 when the AMT brand was owned by Round 2, LLC. Round 2's packaging is near-identical to their later re-release of the Polar Lights Ecto-1 snap model kit.
Ghostbusters is a classic American film full of spooky humor from beginning to end. The Ecto-1 returns to help the 'Busters save the day once again. Loaded with all of the gear necessary to take down any nasty poltergeist that gets in their way. The kit features a detailed equipment rack and decals to decorate the car as the Ecto-1 or the Ecto-1A.
- Scale: 1/25
- Skill Level: 2 (ages 10 and up)
- Glue assembly, paint required
- 10" x 3.5" x 4.5"
- Molded in white, plus chrome and clear parts
- Detailed equipment rack
- Expanded decal sheet
The instruction sheets provided below are in PDF format. You will need PDF reader software in order to view them. Please note that the 1989 model instructions was scanned in from a used physical copy, and was cleaned-up in the best manner possible. Should some of the details be hard to read, refer to the text and diagrams in the 2012 model instructions.
- Round 2's Official Page for the kit
- Scale Model News: Review & Comparison With Polar Lights Kit (February 13, 2013)
- 64 Wheels: Photos
- Fantastic Plastic: Photos
- Spook Central Facebook: Paul Rudoff's Model Diorama (assembled by the webmaster of Spook Central)