Annie Potts is best known for her role as Janine Melnitz in the Ghostbusters films. She is also known for her role as Mary Jo Jackson Shively on Designing Women and Bo Peep in the Toy Story series.
- Before she started filming, Annie Potts visited the set to watch them film at Fire House #23 in Los Angeles. Ivan Reitman noticed and her and put her in the scene. Potts quickly took the prescription glasses off one of the costume designers and it became Janine's for the rest of the shoot.
- Vanessa The Desk Clerk was named after Annie Potts' character Vanessa in the movie "Corvette Summer" which is a favorite of Paul Feig.
- On the Regular Cover of Ghostbusters 101 #1, the map credit references Annie Potts.
- ↑ Josh Gad YouTube "Who Ya Gonna Zoom? | Reunited Apart GHOSTBUSTERS Edition" 14:20-14:46 6/15/2020 Annie Potts says: "I hadn't started filming yet and I wend down. They were shooting at the fire house. I just went to watch and Ivan saw that I was on set and he went, "Great, you're here. Let's just put you in the scene," and I went, "I-I'm not even... this isn't even my costume or anything." And I literally took the glasses off the costumer who had like coke bottle glasses and put them on and then I was stuck with those glasses. I was like blind for the rest of the shoot."'
- ↑ Paul Feig (2016). Ghostbusters (2016 Movie) Extended Edition - Writer & Director Commentary (2016) (Blu-Ray ts. 01:21:44-01:21:56). Sony Pictures. Paul Feig says: "Corvette Summer is one of my favorite movies and Annie Potts was in it and her name was Vanessa. So when you watch this in HD, look at her name tag. Her name in the scene is Vanessa."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.