During the selection process for Spooks Illustrated's latest "Ghost Hunter of the Year," Barbara Mentee approached the Ghostbusters after they emerged from a successful bust at the George Washington Bridge Bus Station. They agreed to the proposition and were taken to the Slime Life Building by automated limousine.
Charles Foster Hearse III, publisher of Spooks Illustrated and Mentee's boss, explained the challenge and terms to the Ghostbusters. Mentee then took the team to Hearse Castle to face the ghost of Charles Foster Hearse. At sunrise, she returned and was befuddled when they stepped forward and claimed someone else captured Hearse.
- Barbara Mentee can complete Charles Foster Hearse III's sentences and vice versa.
- On page four of Ghostbusters Issue #5, Barbara Mentee makes a non-canon cameo at Fantastic Land.
- ↑ Eatock, James and Mangels, Andy (2009). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection Booklet, p. 19. CPT Holdings, Inc. Line reads: "Anne Curry makes an uncredited cameo as the voice of Ms. Mentee."
- ↑ Marsha Goodman (1986). Episode Call Sheet and SAG Report - "Ghostbuster of the Year" (1986).
- ↑ Barbara Mentee (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Ghostbuster of the Year" (1987) (DVD ts. 5:06-5:10). Time Life Entertainment. Barbara says: "I'm Barbara Mentee, Special Executive Assistant to Mr. Charles Foster Hearse III."
- ↑ Barbara Mentee (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Ghostbuster of the Year" (1987) (DVD ts. 5:26-5:30). Time Life Entertainment. Barbara says: "Mr. Hearse has put me in charge of selecting this year's Spooks Illustrated Ghost Hunter of the Year."