I have recently joined Ghostbusters Wiki, and I love it. :DRead more >
Where to begin...
It is that time of year, and the following need our eyes:
- Bringing all articles above official stub status (which is 320
bytes "Link"). There are currently 111 articles at or below the
count. To see articles with issues, click here.
- Cleaning up images that are not being used. I list them in slider below. Some are somewhat in a catch 22 as if I delete them I effect blogs and such. Some were deleted from the article they were from, but the image wasn't deleted itself. I say at this point, we need to talk over and decide if deleting the images is a good or bad thing. I am going to number them in the slideshow to make them easy to talk about in comments. I included them cause they have merit or I simply have no clue what they we…
Read more >
- Bringing all articles above official stub status (which is 320 bytes "Link"). There are currently 111 articles at or below the count. To see articles with issues, click here.
Wow, a lot was added to this project tonight by Paul Rudoff. Also, Richard Roy has started uploading NOW Comics. Here is what was added on Spook Central:
- Ghostbusters: The Return (PDF scanned ebook and Text ebook)
- Ghostbusters DVD booklet 2005 PDF
- Kenner's The Real Ghostbusters toy advertisements and "Action Toy Guide" booklets (4 booklets, 2 page ad, and poster)
- Ghostbusters II Junior novel by B.B. Hiller
- Ghostbusters II Coloring Book (this was a good laugh and meme-able)
- Biltmore Hotel brochure PDF ebook (Think Sedgewick Hotel)
And on EctoContainment.com the first two NOW Comics (The Real Ghostbusters Vol 1 Issue 1 and The Real Ghostbusters Vol 1 Issue 2) are up on the newly made section Comics.
There is a lot here tonight to talk about, and yes…Read more >
I have been getting a weird ad issue the last week on mostly the front page of the wiki, where it starts loading the page, then all the sudden I get taken to "Xvid Codec" download page.
I believe it has to do with those video ads and allowing them to store information on my computer. I currently have it so no site can plant information on my computer without my approval.
I have reported it to Wikia and they say they are concerned as well. You and I can debate if that ain't just BS, but they want to wear the concerned mask.
I need to know the following:
- Are you having this issue?
- What Browser you use?
There seems to either be a problem with people being aware of this policy or they are ignoring it and editing anyways.
Here is the deal, the Spoiler policy says the following:
The Rule for comics is only give out the synopsis when in the first 4 months after it has been released. This also means no adding content on other articles that may reveal information that ruins the contents ending.
I feel the policy is quite clear. I have went ahead and added a reminder on the policy on the front page to read, but the policy will be strictly enforced.
The policy includes Characters, Locations, Weapons, and anything else in the comics. Do not add categories, links, or any information suggesting that the subject is in the comics til four months after its…
Read more >
I am debating when the time will be right to turn on the feature. It will replace the "User" talk pages and the old user talk pages will be locked, but viewable.
Feelings on this feature are mixed at best. Let me break it down:
- Now you can follow one conversation at a time.
- No more copy and pasting conversations onto the other users wall.
- It becomes easier to read the wall than the talk pages.
- (Unless this was changed) when it is first turned on, you will be signed up to every wall you liked as a talk page. That will make you have to unwatch every message wall.
- The reminders keep coming unlike the talk page.
- While it can use wiki markup, it is messy unlike the Talk pages.
I have not liked the feature as a whole and think wikia could spend its time…
Read more >
I have been updating and fixing up the Agenda Policy, which I hope will be seen as minor.
The only added content is we will also restrict theft and piracy. While this should be common sense, I think having them listed will be a good reinforcement to what is already accepted here. I have also tried to make the language of the words easier to follow.
I'm hoping that this will be seen as minor.Read more >
Can i put quotes on my Page since they won't let me put them on the episode pages?Read more >
Well my Laptop's fan either needs to be cleaned or replaced. I had a scare earlier today when my laptop made a noise similar to a lawn mower (and it was loud and mechanical, not electrical). I have researched the symptoms and am pretty sure it was something to do with the fan. If it had been my hard drive, I doubt I would have been able to shut down and reboot a hour later without seeing error messages. That all being said, I need a can of air, and most likely wont be able to get it til tomorrow. So I'm going to have to stay offline most of the night. No serious editing for me tonight.Read more >
The Brand is roughly as taken from Wikipedia: "Name, term, design, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one seller's good or service as distinct from those of other sellers."
Now I am aware of the issues this faces being a open format like a wiki and all. One important thing I had to do to get the wiki's brand off the ground was a vote to agree to the design of this site which is basically the brand itself.
A day ago Ghostbusters Mania (Fan Site) was working on a logo collection and I noticed "once again" we were being left out. Come to find out after a exchange that really they didn't know our brand. I figured out that indeed we don't have much of one shown outside of here. So that brings us to a new issue to address. Here is what …Read more >