Recorded sightings of the Brujo ended after the 1880s.  At some point, the key to Bishop Gottskalk Nikulausson's secret tomb was hidden in a Brujo's cave on Chiloe. In the present, the key was sought by the Ghostbusters. The New York branch, Special Agent Melanie Ortiz, and an Egon Spengler from an alternate universe found the cave. After dispatching the Brujo's guardian, the Imbunche, the Brujo himself appeared above them. It was very happy to see new victims. In Spanish, it declared it was going to make a feast of their flesh and live again. The Ghostbusters opened fire but he cast a spell and easily blocked the Proton Streams then fired lightning from his fingertips. Ray Stantz suddenly got an idea and asked Melanie to rile it up. She called him a coward, afraid of their powers, and when they lost their patience, the blond one would eat his soul. The Brujo became infuriated, flew down and choked Egon. Ray took a small green pouch from one of his pockets and threw salt on the Brujo. The Brujo recoiled in terror and was trapped. Egon recalled Brujo were forbidden from eating salt.  Ray was unaware of that at first. P.K.E. readings in the cave dropped except for a spot behind a boulder. Ray looked inside and found the key.
The Brujo has a knowledge of magic and was able to effectively block Proton Streams. He could also fire lightning from his fingertips.
- The Brujo's design appears to be based on photos of alleged Brujo from the 16th to 17th century.
- On page 5 of Ghostbusters International #10, Peter alludes to when the Brujo and past entities shot lightning bolts at them. 
- ↑ Egon Spengler/Animated (2016). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters International #9" (2016) (Comic p.3). Egon says: "My assumption is that we'll be dealing with a Brujo - a particularly sinister kind of warlock."
- ↑ Egon Spengler/Animated (2016). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters International #9" (2016) (Comic p.3). Egon says: "Conventional literature says there hasn't been any sightings since the 1880s, but Dr. Stantz and I have packed a couple of Modified Proton Packs in case we find anything corporeal."
- ↑ Egon Spengler/Animated (2016). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters International #9" (2016) (Comic p.11). Egon says: "To eat salt. Brujo are forbidden to eat salt."
- ↑ Peter Venkman (2016). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters International #10" (2016) (Comic p.5). Peter Venkman says: "Why can they all do the lightning thing?"