Doc Holliday and the Earps were inhabitants of Tombstone, Arizona who fought Frank McLaury, Tom McLaury, Billy Claiborne, Ike Clanton, and Billy Clanton at the O.K. Corral. Their ghosts materialized about a 100 years later in a plan to recreate the gunfight.
Wyatt Earp was the first to manifest and cleared away tourists during a ceremony dedicated to Dewey Lamort's Six-Guns Over Tombstone theme park. While Lamort held Earp's boots, ectoplasm seeped out and the entity manifested. The Ghostbusters were called to bust them. They followed Earp's footprints into town from Boot Hill Cemetery only to discover three more sets of tracks.
After splitting up, the Ghostbusters encountered Wyatt Earp, Morgan Earp, Virgil Earp, and Doc Holliday. The ghosts were able to counterattack with ectoplasmic bullets. As gunslingers in their past life, it was problematic to attempt a direct assault on the spirits with the Proton Streams. Peter Venkman eventually had an idea when he noticed four sets of horseshoes and remembered that when the ghosts were invisible, they could only be seen by their boots. The ghosts hopped onto their Ghostly Horses only to be sucked into four Ghost Traps each that were placed underneath the horses.
- On page two of Ghostbusters Issue #3, three members of the Earp gang makes a non-canon cameo as a bar patrons.
- The gang makes a non-canon cameo on the Ghostbusters Issue #9 Cover RI-B, Drawn to Comics variant.
- On page nine of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #12, the Wyatt Earp makes a non-canon cameo on a Times Square ad on the right.
- Marsha Goodman (1986). Episode Call Sheet and SAG Report - "Ghost Fight at the O.K. Corral" (1986).
- Mayor of Tombstone (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Ghost Fight at the O.K. Corral" (1987) (DVD ts. 1:48-1:57). Time Life Entertainment. Mayor says: "The city of Tombstone would like to present to you a pair of boots that once belonged to an earlier hero of the Wild West, Wyatt Earp!"
- Peter Venkman (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Ghost Fight at the O.K. Corral" (1987) (DVD ts. 8:29-8:35). Time Life Entertainment. Peter says: "I'll bet those foot prints belong to Wyatt Earp's brothers Virgil and Morgan and their friend Doc Holliday."
- Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Ghost Fight at the O.K. Corral" (1987) (DVD ts. 16:27-16:32). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "The Earps have come back to reinact the gun fight with us, as the Clantons."