Kevin was intent on being a Ghostbuster and borrowed several things. The Ecto-2 was introduced as Kevin proclaimed that he was now a Ghostbuster. While Abby was against the idea of Kevin becoming a Ghostbuster, she was more concerned that Kevin was outside and Rowan had recently went outside after leaving her body. Kevin was possessed by Rowan, then drove the Ecto-2 to The Mercado Hotel.
- The Ecto-2 is an AMF Harley SX250.
- In early versions of the script, the Ghostbusters receive Ecto-2, a high tech RV, from the government to continue their busting in style. Freelance artist Tully Summers designed one concept of it as transforming vehicle that could deploy turrets, motorcycles and a race car. It was eventually written out.
- Rowan notes that Kevin knows how to drive the motorcycle.
- The official first look at Ecto-2 was posted on February 11, 2016.
- In the Ghostbusters Annual 2015, on page 4, in panel 4, in the left corner, is a motorcycle that appears to be visually inspired by Kevin's Ecto-2.
- The Ecto-2 appears on the Regular Cover of Ghostbusters 101 #5.
- On Cover A of Ghostbusters 101 #6, the back of Ecto-2 is on the left side.
- Ecto-2 (2016). Ghostbusters (2016 Movie) Extended Edition; Chapter 13 (2016) (Blu-Ray ts. 1:36:23). Sony Pictures. License plate reads: "ECTO-2."
- Kevin Beckman (2016). Ghostbusters (2016 Movie) Extended Edition; Chapter 13 (2016) (Blu-Ray ts. 1:34:23-1:34:26). Sony Pictures. Kevin Beckman says: "I figured you're gonna need my help, so I borrowed all this stuff."
- Tully Summers Artstation "Ghostbusters: Ecto-2" 1/10/18 Tully Summers says "At one point the script had the Ghostbusters team receive a high tech RV from the government to continue their busting in style. I came up with this transforming vehicle that can deploy turrets, motorcycles and a race car. It was eventually written out, but I had a blast working it out. Structural animation all done using the Zbrush time line tools."
- IGN "Ghostbusters: First Look Photo of the Ecto-2" 2/11/16
- Kevin Beckman (2018). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters: Answer The Call Issue #5" (2018) (Comic p.20). Kevin Beckman says: "The motorcycle is cool, but I need a car!"