Erik Evensen (also known as Erik A. Evensen) is an award-winning designer, illustrator, graphic novelist, and educator.
Erik was born and raised in western New Hampshire, on the Vermont border. He was raised in an arts-focused household of educators. He currently lives outside Minneapolis with his wife, musician Erika Svanoe. Erik holds an MFA in Design from Ohio State University, a BA in Studio Art from the University of New Hampshire, and a post-baccalaureate degree from Boston’s School of the Museum of Fine Arts. Erik studied with design research pioneer Liz Sanders, president and founder of MakeTools. 
Related to Ghostbusters
He has done pencils in comic book stories:
- Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #12
- "Field Trip"
- Ghostbusters Annual 2015
- "World of the Psychic"
- Ghostbusters International #9
- Pages 12 to 19
- Ghostbusters Annual 2017
- "Second City Ghostbusters"
Erik Evensen designed for
- Wells Fargo
- Captivate Network
- National Guard
- Dean Kamen's FIRST, as well as many non-profits and arts organizations.
- Erik has published and presented research about designing for education and information delivery, covering disciplines such as game design, the role of comics and comics-making in education, using tools such as data visualization, user-centered practice, and generative design research.
- Erik has served on
- The advisory board of Bemidji State University's department of Technology, Art & Design
- The board of directors of the Bemidji Symphony Orchestra and Bemidji Area Community Band
- The coordination team of Bemidji's Pecha Kucha Night
Erik's work and contributions in comics includes
- Gods of Asgard
- The Beast of Wolfe's Bay
- Erik's Sketchbook Diary
- Super-powered Word Study (Co-Author/Illustrator)
- Hoax Hunters
- Fear Agent from Image Comics
- Zombie Bomb from Terminal Press
- Erik is also an active amateur saxophonist
- In Ghostbusters Annual 2017, on page 23, the Ghostbusters II mug that Ron drinks from is from artist Erik Evensen's cupboard.