Ernie Hudson is best known for his role as Winston Zeddemore in the Ghostbusters films. Much like Winston, Earnest L. Hudson, Sr. is a U.S. Marine veteran. He has also appeared in Airheads, Congo, The Crow, and Miss Congeniality.
Recent TV Roles
Ernie Hudson has recently done the voice of Agent Fowler in Transformers Prime and portrayed Dr. Fields in The Secret Life of the American Teenager. He has appeared in other TV shows, TV movies, and movies such as Modern Family, Franklin & Bash, and Mob City.
Contributions to IDW Comics
- Ghostbusters: Total Containment
- "Bustin' (Still) Makes Me Feel Good"
- Hudson is allergic to shellfish. A few weeks after signing up for the U.S. Marines, Hudson's drill instructor made him eat shellfish. He suffered an asthma attack and was discharged shortly after.
- Ernie Hudson just happened to have no mustache during filming for Ghostbusters II. There was no decision made to have him shave it. Hudson also considered shaving his head before filming.
- For the Realistic Versions of Ghostbusters: The Video Game, the development crew used Ernie Hudson's appearance in the movie "Airheads" for model reference.
- On page 10, panel 3, of Ghostbusters Annual 2015, on Winston's blue coffee mug is "Reggie Sandman Martin" which was the name of the boxer Ernie Hudson portrayed on the Full House episode "Knock Yourself Out" (season 1, episode 7), which aired on October 30, 1987.
- On page 2 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #3, the Ghostbusturtles references a co-worker out sick who has the first name of Ernie Hudson.
- On Cover B of Ghostbusters Year One Issue #1, the employee file lists Winston's birthday as June 17, 1945. It is derived from Ernie Hudson's birthday, December 17, 1945.
- Cross The Streams Episode 37 (ts. 34:06-34:43)
- Hasbro Pulse YouTube "Hasbro PulseCon 2020 Day 2" 3:59:17-3:59:41 9/28/2020 Ernie Hudson says: "And at that time I didn't have, um, I just didn't have a mustache. In fact, I was thinking about shaving my head so Winston almost had a bald head. But, um, uh, we already shoot the movie, I had no mustache. It wasn't anything planned. But, um, fans have come up with all kinds of theories as to why I didn't have a mustache. But there was nothing to it other than I just didn't have one when we started the movie."
- Cross The Streams Episode 38 (ts. 37:36-38:54)