Ernie Hudson is best known for his role as Winston Zeddemore in the Ghostbusters films. Much like Winston, Earnest L. Hudson, Sr. is a U.S. Marine veteran. He has also appeared in Airheads, Congo, The Crow, and Miss Congeniality.
Recent TV Roles
Ernie Hudson has recently done the voice of Agent Fowler in Transformers Prime and portrayed Dr. Fields in The Secret Life of the American Teenager. He has appeared in other TV shows, TV movies, and movies such as Modern Family, Franklin & Bash, and Mob City.
Contributions to IDW Comics
- Ghostbusters: Total Containment
- "Bustin' (Still) Makes Me Feel Good"
- Hudson is allergic to shellfish. A few weeks after signing up for the U.S. Marines, Hudson's drill instructor made him eat shellfish. He suffered an asthma attack and was discharged shortly after.
- For the Realistic Versions of Ghostbusters: The Video Game, the development crew used Ernie Hudson's appearance in the movie "Airheads" for model reference.
- On page 10, panel 3, of Ghostbusters Annual 2015, on Winston's blue coffee mug is "Reggie Sandman Martin" which was the name of the boxer Ernie Hudson portrayed on the Full House episode "Knock Yourself Out" (season 1, episode 7), which aired on October 30, 1987.
- On page 2 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #3, the Ghostbusturtles references a co-worker out sick who has the first name of Ernie Hudson.