The George Washington Bridge (also known as The G.W.B.) is a double decked suspension bridge that spans the Hudson River between Washington Heights, Manhattan and the borough of Fort Lee in New Jersey.
Just as the interdimensional retrieval mission to recover several missing ghosts from the Containment Unit was about to begin, a Doom Ghost manifested at Fort Washington Park and covered the area in a purple fog. As a result, the bridge was closed. A P.K.E. spike registered and Special Agent Melanie Ortiz was notified. She took Winston Zeddemore, Jillian Holtzmann, Rookie, Lou Kamaka, and Dani Shpak with her. Holtzmann resolved the situation by using the park's iconic lighthouse to force the ghost to reveal itself.
- In the July 6, 1983 draft of Ghostbusters, Ray Stantz and Winston take the George Washington Bridge to New Jersey and arrive at Fort Detmerring.
- Walter Peck (2018). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters Crossing Over Issue #3" (2018) (Comic p.2). Walter Peck says: "What about the incident near the George Washington Bridge?"
- Special Agent Melanie Ortiz (2018). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters Crossing Over Issue #3" (2018) (Comic p.6). Special Agent Melanie Ortiz says: "Hate to interrupt, but I'm told we have a can't-wait situation up by the G.W.B. Who can I borrow?"
- Aykroyd, Dan & Ramis, Harold (1983). Ghostbusters (July 6, 1983) (Script p. 77). Line reads: "EXT. HUDSON PARKWAY - SAME NIGHT Ecto-One speeds northward, strobes lit.""
- Aykroyd, Dan & Ramis, Harold (1983). Ghostbusters (July 6, 1983) (Script p. 78). Line reads: "EXT. GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE Ecto-One crosses over to Jersey.""