Inspired by a similar concoction used by his grandmother to hunt deer, Ron Alexander created his own attractant but for ghosts. During a case at The Trask Hotel, Ron decided to try out his attractant to bring the Killer in Black to them rather than wait all night. Lou Kamaka was grossed out by the smell and reminded Ron he was a mediocre engineer not a mediocre biochemist. The Killer in Black appeared and attacked them. Rookie and Dani Shpak caught up to them and captured the ghost. Rookie hated the smell as well. Lou threatened Ron she would shoot him and make it look like an accident if he ever used it again. During the Connla incident, Ron used the attractant during a bust he participated in with Ray and Winston in New York City. At the conclusion of the bust, Winston threatened Ron to never use it around him again.
- Rookie likened the smell of the attractant to a garbage fire someone tried to put out by urinating on it.
- Ghostbusters Annual 2017
- Second City Ghostbusters
- Ghostbusters Annual 2018
- Alluded to by Ron on page 26.
- Ron Alexander (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters Annual 2017" (2017) (Comic p.29). Ron Alexander says: "It's an attractant. It attracts ghosts."
- Ron Alexander (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters Annual 2017" (2017) (Comic p.26). Ron Alexander says: "I distilled ectoplasmic residue to a base form and combined it with a chemical attractant. It's, uh, the stuff my grandma uses for deer hunting. In theory, this'll bring ghosts a'running."
- Ron Alexander (2018). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters Annual 2018" (2018) (Comic p.26). Ron Alexander says: "Look, I know it's a little strong, but my scented lure attracts ghosts every time!"