Ghost Jumpers is a reality TV series about a team of ghost hunters.
On the day Erin Gilbert was fired from Columbia University, she returned to the Kenneth P. Higgins Institute to vent. Abby Yates was still ecstatic about meeting the ghost of Gertrude Aldridge and wanted to make the discovery public. She showed Erin a comment about a woman being haunted by a Class 3 and proposed the rhetorical question of who was she going to call for help. The Ghost Jumpers song played on the TV in the paranormal studies laboratory. The announcer revealed the episode was about the team making contact with Bigfoot. Abby was irritated and stated those "phonies" were the reason she got fired because they made it impossible for researchers in the field to do real work.
- The Ghost Jumpers theme song is based on the Ghostbusters (song) by Ray Parker, Jr.
- Paul Feig is the voice of the host of Ghost Jumpers. He voiced it as a tribute to Ernie Anderson, the voice over for ABC in the 1980s.
- Ghostbusters (2016 Movie)
- Ghosts from Our Past: Both Literally and Figuratively: The Study of the Paranormal (Three Rivers Press)
- ↑ Singer (2016). Ghostbusters (2016 Movie) Extended Edition; Chapter 4 (2016) (Blu-Ray ts. 00:24:29-00:24:30). Sony Pictures. Singer says: "Ghost Jumpers!"
- ↑ Announcer (2016). Ghostbusters (2016 Movie) Extended Edition; Chapter 4 (2016) (Blu-Ray ts. 00:24:31-00:24:34). Sony Pictures. Announcer says: "Tonight, the Ghost Jumpers make contact with the ghost of Bigfoot."
- ↑ Abby Yates (2016). Ghostbusters (2016 Movie) Extended Edition; Chapter 4 (2016) (Blu-Ray ts. 00:24:34-00:24:43). Sony Pictures. Abby Yates says: "God! These phonies! I mean, you know what? These guys are the reason you got fired. It's because of stuff like this that makes it impossible for us to do our real work."
- ↑ Paul Feig (2016). Ghostbusters (2016 Movie) Extended Edition - Writer & Director Commentary (2016) (Blu-Ray ts. 00:24:43-00:24:48). Sony Pictures. Paul Feig says: "One of my cameos was just played which is I'm the voice of the Ghost Jumpers."
- ↑ Paul Feig (2016). Ghostbusters (2016 Movie) Extended Edition - Writer & Director Commentary (2016) (Blu-Ray ts. 00:24:50-00:24:56). Sony Pictures. Paul Feig says: "I literally decided to do a tribute to the guy who used to be the voice of ABC in the 80s."
- ↑ Shaffer, Andrew (2016). Ghosts From Our Past: Both Literally & Figuratively: The Study of the Paranormal, p. 135. Three Rivers Press, New York NY USA, ISBN 9781101906002.Line reads: "While you can still find would-be ghost hunters bumbling around in the dark with bent coat hangers--it's as easy as flipping on your TV and tuning in to whatever channel is desperate enough these days to air Ghost Jumpers--real parapsychologists have progressed beyond such toys."