The Ghost Sniffer was said by Peter Venkman to be one of their little toys. However, this device samples the air for ghost activity as it is a form of detection equipment. In reality, it is a Bacharach model 300 sniffer combustible gas detecting device.
The Ghost Sniffer device was used twice during the Gozer incident of 1984, once with Ray Stantz in the ad "We're Ready to Believe You" and with Peter while checking out Dana's Apartment. When Dana asks if he was using the device correctly, Peter wasn't 100% certain that he was.
Secondary Canon HistoryEdit
Peter used the Ghost Sniffer during a pro bono case that involved Alan Crendall and Slimer. A few months later, during summer, Peter used it during a week long investigation in Roswell. The next year, Ray used it in Bushwick on the Day of the Dead to take readings of concentrated, benign spectral activity for psychokinetic pattern research. During a dimensional overlap, Abby Yates used the Ghost Sniffer in conjunction with wearing a Long-Range P.K.E. Scanner to take readings in Lower Manhattan with Egon and discovered highly energized Ley Lines.
- Ghost Sniffer was released by Kenner as a toy named Ghost Nabber in Weapon Action Figure Toys 5
- In the Ghostbusters: Storybook, the Sniffer is referred to as a detector rod. It is also noted to be attached to a P.K.E. Meter within the unit.
- IDW Comics
- ↑ Digsby, Ann (1984). Ghostbusters: Storybook, p. 17. Scholastic Inc., New York NY USA, ISBN 0590336843.
- ↑ Ghostbusters: Storybook Page 17
- ↑ Ghostbusters 101 Class Notes (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters 101 #4" (2017) (Comic p.23). Ghostbusters 101 Class Notes reads: "There are many tools available to us in this line of work, from devices that have been repurposed for paranormal investigation (such as the bacharach series of combustion analyzers) to equipment we've built from scratch, as well as assorted prototypes developed either when new situations call for it or as technological breakthroughs are made."