In Ghostbusters the Deleted Scene: Busy, the Ghostbusters prepare to go to Dana's Apartment Building. In part of the scene Ray Stantz and Peter Venkman talk with the Mayor on why this is happening. In another part of the scene Janine Melnitz is wishing Egon Spengler well.
- Mayor Lenny
- Peter Venkman
- Ray Stantz
- Egon Spengler
- Winston Zeddemore
- Fire Commissioner
- Janine Melnitz
Mayor Lenny asked the Ghostbusters what they needed from him. Winston Zeddemore looked around. Peter Venkman adjusted his suit and replied, "Just let us kick some ghost, will ya?" Outside New York City Hall, National Guard and police officers got into position while reporters scrambled. Ray Stantz, Peter, and Lenny walked briskly toward the vehicle dock at the back of the building. A police officer shadowed them. Aides and police scurried along behind them. Lenny asked why this all happening. Peter explained what goes around comes around and "the big Lazy Susan of Karma" just keeps turning and sometimes humanity got the short end of the stick. Ray speculated this may be Nature's way of telling them to slow down and admitted it's kind of humbling. Lenny exclaimed we're humble enough and the city suffered enough already.
Over at Ecto-1, Egon Spengler and Janine Melnitz were talking. Janine wanted Egon to have something. Egon took it and asked what it was. Janine revealed it was a souvenir from the 1964 World's Fair at Flushing Meadow. It was her lucky coin. Egon stated he shouldn't take it because they might not be coming back. Janine insisted he keep it, she had another one at home. They hugged. Peter called out for Janine and mockingly asked if her mother warned her about falling in love with a Ghostbuster then told her to go home. Janine walked away cupping her face. Egon closed the rear door. Police started up their motorcycles, Ecto-1 started up, and Janine waived goodbye. A cameraman crouching high up on a vantage point was recording everything. Peter shouted, "Let's run some red lights!"
- The October 7, 1983 draft has a few more scenes. Near the loading dock where Ecto-1 is parked, Winston and Egon charge the Proton Packs off the building current. A police captain reports to Peter. The police cleared the whole building and cordoned off the street. The captain was massing a special tactics squad and the National Guard was on standby. An aide goes to alert the Red Cross, too. Egon looks up and sees Janine standing on the dock. She crosses to him. Before the guys get into Ecto-1, Peter reiterates to the other they're the best and only Ghostbusters so it's up to them to save the world.
- When Egon is given the lucky coin, he states he doesn't believe in luck whereas in the deleted scene Egon states he shouldn't take it since they might not come back.
- Many fans cite this scene as important in the whole Egon Spengler and Janine Melnitz love relationship which was continued on in animated series.
- On Cover A of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #6, by Egon's right hand is Janine's lucky coin from the deleted scene.
- Spook Central on "Getting Ready At City Hall, Janine's Lucky Coin"
- GBFans has a video clip for "Lucky Coin" (must be signed in to GBfans to watch)