Ghostbusters video games have been based on the first film, second film, The Real Ghostbusters Series, and Extreme Ghostbusters. The games have been released on many consoles since 1984. Due to the successful nature of the movie, there have been many video games over the years.
List of releases
- Ghostbusters: The Computer Game (By David Crane) (1985)- is the first video game based on Ghostbusters and is remembered for the city map screen. It saw ports and reworkings for many computers and video game consoles.
- The Real Ghostbusters arcade game was released in 1987 by Data East. It later was ported to personal computers of the time.
- Ghostbusters II is the title of a video game released for Nintendo.
- Ghostbusters II by Dynamix for Personal Computer. It is not related to any of the other versions of the games based on the film Ghostbusters II.
- New Ghostbusters II is a Japanese game that is not related to the normal Ghostbusters II Game counterpart, which was also released for Famicom (Nintendo in Japan).
- Ghostbusters II was released on the Gameboy and shares some features with "New Ghostbusters II", however it has major changes as its a port.
- Ghostbusters (By Sega) was released by Sega for the Mega Drive/Genesis on June 29, 1990. It is unrelated to the earlier Activision game.
- The Real Ghostbusters (Gameboy) game was for the Game Boy in 1993. In it, the player played as Peter Venkman.
- Extreme Ghostbusters was released on April 2 2001 by Light and Shadow Productions for the Game Boy Color.
- Extreme Ghostbusters: Zap The Ghosts! is a game released by LSP in December 2001 for PC.
- Extreme Ghostbusters: Creativity Centre is a game released by LSP in 2001 for PC.
- CR Extreme Ghostbusters Pachinko that is a Japan exclusive in 2001.
- Extreme Ghostbusters: Code Ecto-1 is the second of the Light & Shadow Production releases and was for the Game Boy Advance in March 2002.
- Extreme Ghostbusters: The Ultimate Invasion is a video game made in 2004 by LSP, the game was similar to Time Crisis.
- Ghostbusters (Mobile game) (2005)- was a top down puzzle game was released in 2005 for cell phones on Verizon, Sprint, Tmobile, and Cingular networks.
- Ghostbusters: Ghost Trap Game (2008)- was the second Ghostbusters related mobile game, developed by Vivendi Games Mobile.
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game is a game for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PlayStation 2, Nintendo DS, and PC. It came in three variants:
- Ghostbusters Pachinko (CR ゴーストバスターズ), which was released in 2010 in Japan based on the films, but characters are all chibis.
- Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime was released in the March of 2011. Multi-platform release, it is somewhat of a spiritual sequel to the 2009 "Ghostbusters: The Video Game".
- Ghostbusters Video Slots Machine (starting in 2011)- is as the name suggests, a digital interactive slot machine which feature many elements of the first movie. IGT over the years has re-released the game with new features to add new aspects to the game.
- Ghostbusters Paranormal Blast (August 8, 2012)- was a mobile game for iOS devices.
- Ghostbusters (2013)- was a mobile game for iOS devices.
- Ghostbusters Slots (Mobile Game) (August 29, 2013)- was a iphone mobile casino game.
- Ghostbusters Pinball (Mobile app) (October 22, 2014)
- Ghostbusters Puzzle Fighter (Mobile app) (2015)- was another game by Beeline, this had a card fighting concept.
- Ghostbusters: Slime City (July 6, 2016)- Mobile game released as a tie-in to Ghostbusters (2016 Movie), though it mixes in previous canon universe concepts, too.
- Ghostbusters Activision Video Game (2016) (July 12, 2016)- standard tie-in game for the 2016 movie, it takes it on as a direct continuation.
- Ghostbusters VR - Now Hiring (October 12, 2016)- it was mobile virtual reality game. Shares aspects from the classic and 2016 movie canons.
- Ghostbusters II Slots game (October 27, 2017)- on the Black Diamond Casino service app, it saw a limited listing on the service.
- Ghostbusters World (AR) (October 22, 2018)- was an AR mobile game for iOS devices and Android.