This article is to answer questions that may be common knowledge to a Ghostbuster fan, but may be unknown by beginners. This is the Beginners FAQ (Frequently asked Questions) on the Ghostbusters Franchise (or Universe). This page should be read after reading Beginners Summary of the Ghostbusters Franchise. All Questions should be seen as beginner questions and not complex. Questions can be suggested on the talk page.
What is a Ghostbuster?Edit
- A person or group that perform for a fee, the removal of a spirit and paranormal phenomenon from a place.
- For more on what a ghostbuster is, go here.
Are there any Female Ghostbusters?Edit
- In short Yes.
- There have been several female Ghostbusters throughout the years:
- Janine Melnitz had first appeared with a uniform in RGB episode "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream" as a dream manifestation of herself. Her first official episode as a Ghostbuster in uniform was "Janine's Genie".
- The second known female would be Kylie Griffin from Extreme Ghostbusters. Unlike Janine in the Real Ghostbusters, she was a full member of the team.
- Rachel Unglighter was a ghostbuster in the IDW comic series, in the story arc "Displaced Aggression". She however was never a true ghostbuster.
- The Female Rookie, which appeared in the Stylized version of Ghostbusters The Video Game was another. However this seems to have been done only cosmetically as the rookie is still referred to as "him" in dialog.
- Special Agent Melanie Ortiz joined the IDW comic versions of Janine and Kylie as three of the four "new Ghostbusters" in the ongoing comic.
Was there ever an ape in the series or movies?Edit
- No. That would be Filmations Ghostbusters. The series predates the movie by nine years and has nothing to do with our ghostbusters.
Why do The Real Ghostbusters cartoon series Ghostbusters look so Different From Movie Counterparts?Edit
- One reason was so it was easier to know the difference between characters in far away shots in the cartoon series. Also, they needed the characters to specifically not be based on the actors from the movie, as they would have had to pay the actors for the use of their likenesses.