Much of this was copied from Wikipedia:Neutral point of view.
The Neutral Point of View, or Neutrality Policy, is a principle that states that all articles should be written from a neutral point of view, representing views fairly and without bias.
What the Policy isEdit
- Avoid stating opinions as facts
- Avoid stating seriously contested assertions as facts
- Avoid presenting uncontested assertions as mere opinion
- Prefer nonjudgmental language
- Accurately indicate the relative prominence of opposing views
Ways to Avoid issues with this PolicyEdit
- Good research-Good and unbiased research, based upon official or upon the actual content of the show.
- References-The more the merrier. References can sell that the information as fact, or as a good conclusion. For more on references, see the Speculation Policy and the Reference Policy.
- No loaded words or phrases- Words in a article other than headlines should not appear to favor one position over another or suggest importance. Try to state the facts more simply without using loaded words. Many noted loaded words or phrases:
- Has to be