The Half-Bat (also known as Bat Creatures) are supernatural creatures with bat wings that served the Dark Entity and anyone who works for the Dark Entity.
After Jeremy began to play the Symphony of Destruction, the Half-Bats began to appear where Jeremy went and terrorized humans. He sent them ahead to New York City as his emissaries. During the encounters with them, the Ghostbusters didn't have a way to deal with them, and ultimately they vanished after Jeremy turned on the Dark Entity with the Song of Life.
These entities work on a different frequency than standard ghosts and have no ectoplasm. They can fly and are intangible, but they are able to physically smash objects.
- They do not seem to be ghosts as stated by Egon Spengler and Ray Stantz. Proton Streams go right through them.
- Jeremy refers to them as "emissaries."
- ↑ Marsha Goodman (1986). Episode Call Sheet and SAG Report - "Ragnarok and Roll" (1986).
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "Ragnarok and Roll" (1987) (DVD ts. 13:42-13:48). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "...are attuned to the ionization rate of Ectoplasm. Ghosts. These things work on a different frequency."
- ↑ Jeremy (2009). The Real Ghostbusters- Ragnarok and Roll (1987) (DVD ts. 13:47-13:49). Time Life Entertainment. Jeremy says: "Come to me, my emissaries. Reveal yourselves at last!"