Ghostbusters 3 is the third issue in an ongoing Ghostbusters comic book series by IDW Publishing. Also issued as a library binding book by Spotlight, retitled "Ghostbusters Volume One: The Man from the Mirror, Part 3".
In his prophetic dream, Ray was warned about something called The Third—and now, with the reformation of the Destructor on the horizon, Ray's about to come face to face with the creature itself! Who is The Third? What does it want? All the answers in this issue of Ghostbusters, and a Terror Bear besides! Be there!
On June 11th, 2011, Tristan Jones posted a blog that revealed he will doing variant covers as of Issue 3 and there is the possibility he will pencil a story sometime in the future.
On June 12th, 2011, Jones elaborated that his cover for issue 3 will involve the creature in the issue's story.
On June 16th, 2011, Jones tweeted he "just finished the art for Ghostbusters #3's cover" and is "awaiting color feedback."
On July 6th, 2011, Erik Burnham tweeted "Ghostbusters #3? Walter Peck, folks," hinting at the character's role in the main story along with the supplemental material.
On July 30th, 2011, Erik Burnham tweeted new equipment will appear in Issue #3 and clarifies "1 totally new, 2 partially new. Get ready to see things go bOOm!"
On August 1th, 2011, Erik Burnham responded to a question about if the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man's capture and being held in the Containment Unit prior to the events of Ghostbusters: Infestation 1 would be explained in the ongoing series. Burnham replied some of it would be revealed in Issue #3.
On August 16th, 2011, Tristan Jones revealed his cover, Cover RI, of Issue 3 which displays Gozer, a new entity, and Ray Stantz.
On August 30th, 2011, Dan Schoening blogged he was almost finished penciling Issue #3.
On September 1th, 2011, Tristan Jones tweeted his current to do list and hinted at a Gozerian Terror Bear.
On September 5th, 2011, Dan Schoening tweeted he just finished pencils for Issue #3.
On September 13th, 2011, Dan Schoening posted the cover art he and Luis Antonio Delgado did for Issue #3. It features the first look at the Gozerian Terror Bear and a partial shot of a sort-of-new piece of equipment. Tristan Jones adds it was just approved.
On September 27th, 2011, Tristan Jones posted a drawing of a Terror Bear.
On September 29th, 2011, Tristan Jones posted another drawing of a Terror Bear.
On October 30th, 2011, Tristan Jones revealed Dan Schoening drew Jones, Tom Waltz, and Erik Burnham in the main story.
On November 9th, 2011, it was announced there will be a second printing for Issue 3. Dan Schoening provided new art for the cover, featuring Idulnas. It will be available on December 21st, 2011.
On November 15th, 2011, a first look was posted. It previews the 3 covers, table of contents, and the first seven pages of the main story.
On November 19th, 2011, Erik Burnham noted a new character named Ron Alexander debuts in Issue #3 and fans will "see him again someday."
On November 25th, Dan Schoening posted an unlettered version of page 13.
On July 14, 2013, Dan Schoening posted a rough of unused covers for Issue #3.
- The Diamond order code for the second printing is SEP118150.
- Page One
- Kitt, the car from Knight Rider television series
- Actress Robin Shelby, Slimer puppeteer in Ghostbusters II, and Actor Frank Welker, voice of Ray Stantz and many others on The Real Ghostbusters, run from the Terror Bear.
- Peter's apartment from Ghostbusters II appears in the background of the news report
- The page is an homage to Action Comics 1
- Page Two
- The bar is visually based on Bob's Country Bunker from the movie "Blues Brothers"
- The Ghostbusters Arcade Game is based on The Real Ghostbusters Data East Video Game
- The Earp gang, 3/4 anyway, from "Ghost Fight at the O.K. Corral" are seated in the bar.
- "It's Milla Time" - a phrase shouted when the Ghostbusters thought they neutronized Gozer appears on one of the neon displays.
- A Sam Hain poster, seen in "What in Samhain Just Happened?!," hangs on the wall in the bar.
- Ron mentions being having his Ghostbusters franchise application being rejecting, the idea of franchises was first set up in Ghostbusters then later mentioned in Ghostbusters: The Video Game
- The antlers hanging up on an obscured mount resembles Sam Hain's exactly.
- A Qbert arcade can be seen in the background, it was also in the Firehouse in Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions.
- Page Three
- Page Four
- Page Five
- Page Six
- Page Seven
- Janine mentions a talking gorilla - a reference to Tracy from the other series "The Ghost Busters"
- Page Eight
- Page Nine
- Other than the West-Ends RPG, this is first time we've seen Spates Catalog. It was first mentioned in Ghostbusters.
- The yellow gun on a shelf is the Fermion Shock from Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
- The head of Ecto-X from Marvel's The Real Ghostbusters #50
- The Toaster on the shelf could be the dancing one from Ghostbusters II or the Toaster of Sights Unseen from Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions)
- Laying flat on a shelf is the NES Advantage Controller Egon used to 'control' the animated Statue of Liberty in Ghostbusters II
- The Ecto-Visors from "Cry Uncle" used against the Poltergeists is on the shelf
- Below Ray's elbow is the Ghost Beacon from Extreme Ghostbusters "Darkness at Noon, Part 1"
- The Ghost Gun from Ghostbusters: Infestation #2 is on the shelf
- Obscured by the Clang Clang Clang SFX are the Spectral Glove from "The Magnificent Five" 
- Weaver Theaters is a reference to actress Sigourney Weaver.
- Lupusville and an image of Orwell of Vampires who opposed Gregor (can tell by the bow tie) and a Werewolf references "No One Comes to Lupusville"
- Samhain appears on a billboard.
- Editor Tom Waltz, in green, makes a cameo. 
- The fallen sign is of Happy Turkey, the stuffing from the "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" exclusive story from the Haunted Holidays trade paper back
- "Stay Puft The Musical" is mentioned by Sedgewick patrons at the first Sedgewick Hotel mission in Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions)
- Granny Candy, from "Egon's Ghost," appears on a billboard.
- UBN Reporter Cynthia Crawford from "Citizen Ghost" and "When Halloween Was Forever" appears on the streets.
- The Junior Ghostbusters also appear by Cynthia.
- In center, writer Erik Burnham sans facial hair, cameos as a civilian. 
- To Erik's right, writer/artist Tristan Jones makes a cameo. 
- Luis Delgado is in the background a little beneath Tristan Jones' knee.
- The bottom-most advertisement reads, "Fantastic Land Opening Soon." This is foreshadowing to Issues 5-7.
- Dr. Venkman Presents Hob Anagarak from "Cold Cash and Hot Water" can be seen on a billboard.
- Shanna from "Banshee Bake a Cherry Pie?" can be seen on a billboard.
- Slime C drink, the Ecto-Cooler can be seen on a billboard.
- Luis Delgado's 15 easter egg is the 15% real fruit juice claim on the Slime C ad.
- Dr. V's Protein Shake from "Venk-Man!" can be seen on a billboard. "Dr. V" was a reoccurring nickname of Peter's on The Real Ghostbusters. It is also a stage name suggested to Peter by Shanna's manager Vince Braggs in "Banshee Bake a Cherry Pie?" and on his vanity license plate in "Don't Forget the Motor City"
- Leopold Presents Ride of the Valkyries - the conductor from "A Fright at the Opera" can be seen on a billboard.
- Stay Puft Marshmallows ad with slogan can be seen on a billboard.
- Boo York Blimp from "Flip Side"
- Manhattan City Bank and three mortgage reference from Ghostbusters can be seen on a billboard.
- Strange Fiction from "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream" can be seen on a billboard.
- Page 11
- Page 12
- Peter makes light of all the options for the Proton Pack like the experimental version in Ghostbusters: The Video Game
- Egon refers to the Rookie and his experimental Proton Pack
- Egon states the pack needs venting like in Ghostbusters: The Video Game
- Earp sign, Dewey Lamort and Random Choice Publishing from "Ghost Fight at the O.K. Corral" can be seen on a billboard.
- Page 13
- Page 15
- Page 16
- Ray's "Identify yourself..." line is a variation of his 'greeting' to Gozer in Ghostbusters
- Page 17
- Page 19
- Egon refers to Zuul and Vinz Clortho from Ghostbusters
- Winston has an Extreme Ghostbusters-era Proton Pack strapped on, with a signature Proton Cannister in view
- The blue gun by Peter looks to be the Plasma Inductor from Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
- Peter refers to the crossing the streams strategy used in Ghostbusters
- Page 23
- Peter makes his own notes like with the Ghostbusters Tobin's Spirit Guide entries from Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Stylized Versions)
- The Further Notes clarifies what Egon's pack in the main story was and refers to Boson Darts from The Video Game
- The notes also refers to Tolasian Terror Dogs from "Egon's Ghost"
- The notes also refers to Tobin's Spirit Guide
- CBR's Article on IDW in November 2011
- TRexJones Tweet
- Tristan Jones deviantArt Journal
- Journal Comment #4
- TRexJones Tweet 6/15/11
- TRexJones Tweet #2 6/15/11
- TRexJones Tweet 6/16/11
- erikburnham Tweet 7/6/11
- Bleeding Cool-Swipe File: Ghostbusters Vs The Beatles, Queen And Kiss
- Nick Runge "More Ghostbusters Album Art"
- erikburnham 7/30/11 Tweet #3
- erikburnham Formspring Reply
- Ghostbusters Issue 3 RI Cover
- Dapper Dan's Pomade 8/30/11
- TRexJones Tweet 9/1/11
- Dapperpomade Tweet 9/5/11
- Pomade Tumblr 9/13/11
- Tyrannosaurus Jones Tumblr 9/13/11
- erikburnham Formspring 9/23/11
- 9/25/11 Test #1
- Instagram 9/25/11 Test #2
- Instagram 9/27/11
- Instagram 9/29/11
- Cross the Streams Episode 20, 19 minute mark
- Ghostbusters #2 & #3 Comics Sold Out. Reprints! @ Ghostbusters Fans
- Ghostbusters News article 11/9/11
- Ghostbusters - Idulnas 10/31/11
- Previews Sneak Peek for 12/21/11
- Comics Continuum 11/15/11
- Tristan Jones deviation
- Luis Delgado deviation #1
- Luis Delgado deviation #2
- Luis Delgado deviation #3
- Erik Burnham IDW Forums post 11/19/11
- Dapperpomade Tweet 11/23/11
- Dan Schoening deviation "Lions, Tigers and Terror Bears...Oh my"
- "Unused Ghostbusters Comic Covers" Dan Schoening deviantArt 7/14/13
- Diamond listing
- Luis Delgado deviantArt 11/17/11
- Dapper Dan post 12/21/11
- Luis Delgado deviantArt 11/16/11
- Luis Delgado deviantArt 11/16/11
- Luis Delgado deviantArt 11/16/11
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
|IDW Publishing- Ghostbusters 2
||IDW Publishing- Ghostbusters 4|