|Specifics: August 3, 2019|
Ghostbusters 35th Anniversary: Ghostbusters is the first issue of a mini-series by IDW Publishing.
First out of the Firehouse are original 'busting team of Peter, Winston, Egon and Ray, who have seen a lot of things during their time as paranormal investigators, but the latest case might just turn history on its head! Could it be that they're found proof of... Atlantis? It's a case full of saltwater and slime with the ORIGINAL GHOSTBUSTERS!
On June 14, 2018, Erik Burnham hinted next story or stories after Crossing Over will not have a "dimensional-travel component." He and Tom Waltz just talked the other night and worked up a "great idea."
On July 18, 2018, Erik Burnham estimated the next Ghostbusters story after Crossing Over wouldn't come out until next year. He hinted at a story he wanted to do that involved the core four Ghostbusters with Kylie and possible Melanie.
On November 7, 2018, during a podcast interview, Erik Burnham revealed there is a pitch that he and Tom Waltz liked, that hasn't been approved yet, that involves the introduction of a new Ecto vehicle, a submarine.
On December 11, 2018, Tom Waltz put together 2019 publishing plans for Ghostbusters. He posted 4 rough thumbs of the prime Ghostbusters. Then he posted what appeared to be the Cover A for the April issue. He teased a rough thumb for the incentive cover and uncolored RE cover.
On December 14, 2018, Tom Waltz posted more information and covers about the series. In celebration of the 35th Anniversary, the mini-series is a four issue weekly event in April 2019, featuring 4 different Ghostbusters teams in adventures written and illustrated by 4 different creative teams. Each issue has 3 covers - a Cover A by the issue's artist, interconnected Cover RI by Anthony Marques, and interconnected RE Convention Covers by Dan Schoening. The RE covers, now colored, were also posted. Issue #1 releases April 3, 2019 starring the Ghostbusters (prime team) by Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening, and Luis Delgado. The title of the series is "Ghostbusters 35th Anniversary" and each issue will feature the team name, such as "Ghostbusters 35th Anniversary: Ghostbusters".
On December 16, 2018, Dan Schoening posted the rough thumbnail of the RE cover.
On January 21, 2019, Dan Schoening posted two WIPs of his cover and two WIPs of interior art, including the Ghostbusters looking at a structure and of an Ecto Submarine.
On January 24, 2019, Tom Waltz posted a wip of the Ray and Peter.
On January 30, 2019, Tom Waltz posted a panel of involving Peter, Egon, and Janine talking near the Vigo tapestry.
On January 31, 2019, Tom Waltz posted a colored panel of the Ghostbusters encountering firefighters.
On February 4, 2019, Tom Waltz posted a wip of Egon pointing at something in a park.
On February 25, 2019, Tom Waltz posted a colored panel.
On February 26, 2019, Tom Waltz posted a colored panel of Ray throwing a Trap.
On April 1, 2019, an article was posted with quotes from Erik Burnham and Editor-in-Chief John Barber as well as a credits and 5 page preview.
- The Diamond Order Code is FEB190638.
- ↑ Previews World Ghostbusters 1/25/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #2 1/11/19
- ↑ Ghostheads United Facebook Erik Burnham reply 6/14/18Erik Burnham says: "Haha. Not if we want to do one more TMNT crossover (: But the next story(ies) we do will likely not have a dimension-travel component. (Tom and I were talking the other night, and worked up what I think is a great idea.) Just coincidence we had so much of that in a row, but sometimes scheduling gets weird!"
- ↑ Still of Ghostheads United Facebook Erik Burnham reply 6/14/18
- ↑ Ghostheads United Facebook Erik Burnham reply 7/18/18Erik Burnham says: "You probably won't see more Ghostbusters before next year. Sometimes other stories come from on high, but I have something I want to do that is mostly core four plus. (Kylie and possibly Mel would make surely an appearance owing to the nature of the story and their roles.)"
- ↑ Screengrab of Ghostheads United Erik Burnham reply 7/18/18
- ↑ Elseworlds Exchange Podcast 35:58-36:10, 36:30-36:35 11/7/18Erik Burnham says: "See we-we had a story that I pitched to Tom we talked about and we liked, it hasn't been approved yet...But part of that pitch was a submarine, so an Ecto-Submarine."
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #1 12/11/18
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #2 12/11/18
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #3 12/11/18
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #4 12/11/18
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #5 12/11/18
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #1 12/14/18
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #2 12/14/18
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #3 12/14/18
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #4 12/14/18
- ↑ dannyschoening Tweet 12/16/18
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #1 1/3/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #2 1/3/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #1 1/11/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #2 1/11/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #1 1/18/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #2 1/18/19
- ↑ dannyschoening Tweet 1/21/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 1/24/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 1/30/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 1/31/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 2/4/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 2/25/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 2/26/19
- ↑ SyFy Wire "Exclusive: The original Ghostbusters gang discovers Atlantis in IDW's 35th anniversary one-shot" 4/1/19
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
| Crossing Over #8||35th Anniv. RGB|