Ghostbusters 7 is the seventh issue in an ongoing Ghostbusters comic book series by IDW Publishing. Also issued as a library binding book by Spotlight, retitled "Ghostbusters Volume Two: The Most Magical Place on Earth, Part 3".
It's a nasty case of possession by a greed-driven ghost, and one of the Ghostbusters is its new vessel! It's a battle of wills on the mental plane in this latest issue of the hit ongoing Ghostbusters series! 
On December 7th, 2011, Erik Burnham noted Peter "gets some solo spotlight in #7." 
On December 23rd, 2011, Erik Burnham tweeted he was finishing up the script for #7. 
On December 27th, 2011, Erik Burnham tweeted #7 was a hard script to write but he praised Luis Delgado's ideas for coloring a certain set of scenes "that should rock the house." 
On January 18th, 2012, Erik Burnham posted Cover A. 
On January 24th, 2012, Dan Schoening blogged he was currently penciling Issue #7. 
On January 27th, 2012, Tristan Jones tweeted "Part of Ghostbusters #7 is drawn on a napkin." 
On January 31st, 2012, Tristan Jones tweeted he was "very excited to be rolling out something very cool" and posted what appeared to be a schematic, invoice, and photograph. 
On February 1st, 2012, Erik Burnham tweeted "...deliberately left a line in GB #7 for folks who hate my writing to latch on to..." 
On March 3rd, 2012, in a prerecorded interview, Erik Burnham revealed Dan Schoening finished penciling Issue #7. 
On March 19th, 2012, a preview of the cover, credit page, and first seven pages was released. 
On March 21st, 2012, Tristan Jones tweeted there is a tease for the Haunted America arc (Issues #9-12) in the PCOC Pages.  Luis Delgado also released unlettered versions of pages 13 and 15.  
On July 14, 2013, Dan Schoening posted a rough of unused covers for Issue #7. 
- The Diamond Order Code is JAN120476 
- Page One
- Lyta from "No One Comes to Lupusville" is one of the Manitou's victims
- Zeke and Maude from "Poultrygeist" are two of the Manitou's victims
- Len Wolfman from "Captain Steel Saves the Day" is another victim
- Kenny Fenderman from "Masquerade" is standing next to Len Wolfman.
- Megan and Kenny Carter from "The Boogieman Cometh" are in the crowd.
- DyTyllio from "Ragnarok and Roll" is also in the crowd
- Page Two
- Page Four
- Peter talks to the Hungry Manitou in the Paranormal Studies Laboratory of Weaver Hall from the first movie.
- The Manitou is dressed like Peter was in the Lincoln Center scene from the first movie
- The Manitou holds up the ESP cards Peter used for his test at the start of the first movie
- Peter makes two sports references, the New York Knicks and the infield fly rule.
- Page Five
- Page Six
- Peter refers to the Manitou as a Bogeyman. He makes mention of Woodstock and Hippies, when it last appeared.
- Luis Delgado's 15 Easter egg appears in the portrait, on the soccer player's shorts.
- Below the soccer player is a box of dirty uniforms, a reference to the Spectral Ghostbusters in "Citizen Ghost."
- Page Seven
- Page Eight
- Page Nine
- The Manitou conjures a veiled image of Dana Barrett playing her cello
- Page 13
- Page 14
- Peter's nickname alludes to Carl Jung and the 1949 film Mighty Joe Young.
- Page 19
- A Stay Puft The Musical sign stands on a roof next to the hospital
- Janine wears the white suit and skirt ensemble seen in various episodes of The Real Ghostbusters including "Doctor, Doctor"
- Peter has a get well card from Dean Yeager from the first movie and quotes his famous line when he addressed why the guys were terminated.
- To the left of Yeager's card is a card from Jennifer and the interior references the 8 o'clock appointment Peter made with her before he went to the library with Ray.
- Behind the cards is a miniature refrigerator with tag reading "From Dad," in reference to Jim Venkman selling refrigerators to Eskimos at the end of "Venkman's Ghost Repellers"
- The makeshift shield next to the cards was used by Doctor Gould in "Doctor, Doctor"
- A model yellow luxury car from Peter's dream in "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream" is in miniature on the table next to Peter.
- Janine has a bag marked Stacy's. This was a department store from "Killerwatt" as a stand in for Macy's.
- Peter's wristband has part of his birthdate as 11/21, also the birthdate of Harold Ramis.
- Page 20
- Page 22
- Below the Ecto-2 schematic is a map marked Haunted America with Seattle circled. This is a teaser for an arc that begins in Issue #9.
- Page 23
- Peter refers to the possession that took place in this issue on page 15 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #1.
- On page 5 of Ghostbusters Crossing Over Issue #2, on Peter's right is the Bruce doll that Janine delivered on Ray's behalf at the end of Volume 1 Issue #7.
- On page 1 of Ghostbusters Crossing Over Issue #6, Janine mentioned the Ghostbusters' capture of the Manitou.
- On page 2 of Ghostbusters Crossing Over #6, the Manitou alludes to his mistake of trying to consume prime Peter Venkman's soul and getting trapped.
- On page 9 of Ghostbusters Crossing Over Issue #6, Peter alludes to when he exorcised the Hungry Manitou from his body in Issue #7.
- ↑ Ghostbusters News 3/13/12
- ↑ IDW March Solicitations 12/15/11
- ↑ Highway to Hell
- ↑ Highway to Hell wikipedia
- ↑ Incentive Cover for Issue #7
- ↑ IDW Forums post #2 12/7/11
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet #1 12/19/11
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet #2 12/19/11
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 12/23/11
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 12/27/11
- ↑ IDW Forums Erik Burnham Post 1/18/12
- ↑ Dapper Dan Blogspot Entry 1/24/12
- ↑ TRexJones Tweet 1/27/12
- ↑ TRexJones Tweet 1/31/12
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 2/1/12
- ↑ Comic Book Late Night 3/3/12, 46:22-46:26
- ↑ io9 Article 3/19/12
- ↑ TRexJones Tweet 3/21/12
- ↑ Luis Delgado deviantArt #1 3/21/12
- ↑ Luis Delgado deviantArt #2 3/21/12
- ↑ "Unused Ghostbusters Comic Covers" Dan Schoening deviantArt 7/14/13
- ↑ Previews - Chase/Incentive Variants March 2012
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
| IDW Publishing- Ghostbusters 6||IDW Publishing- Ghostbusters 8|