Ghostbusters Year One 1 is the first of a four part mini-series by IDW Publishing.
In anticipation of the new Ghostbusters feature film coming to theaters Summer 2020, we look back at the Boys in Grey's first year on the job, showcasing never before seen adventures! After defeating Gozer and becoming heroes in the city, county, and state of New York, a publisher has decided to cash in with a biography of the Boys in Grey and sends a writer to interview them all for background. He starts with WINSTON ZEDDEMORE, the first 'buster hired into the supernatural start-up. Winston relates the story of his very first bust, so we can finally know what kind of... ahem, stuff he's seen that'll will turn you white!
On August 23, 2019, Erik Burnham confirmed he is currently working on something.
On September 5, 2019, Erik Burnham teased he was writing interesting things for Dan Schoening to draw.
On September 16, 2019, Erik Burnham saw thumbnails from Dan Schoening.
On October 4, 2019, Tom Waltz made a cryptic post tagging Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening, Luis Delgado, and Tim Lattie and revealing four A covers featuring each of the original Ghostbusters and nods to the first movie.
On October 21, 2019, Tom Waltz posted another teaser image featuring each of the original Ghostbusters.
On October 22, 2019, Tom Waltz posted a variant cover by Tim Lattie. Waltz followed up with panels, including one of Winston holding a P.K.E. Meter, a pumpkin being blown up by a Proton Stream, a Classified ad for an associate position at Ghostbusters, a three panel with the Archbishop, the deputy mayor, and the Jail Guard, and a "Year One" logo. Erik Burnham teased he had a second title coming out in January.
On October 23, 2019, Tom Waltz posted more teaser images, two featuring Winston and one with Louis, Dana, and the Hotel manager. Tim Lattie posted three versions of the RI cover showing the transition from start to finish.
On October 24, 2019, Tom Waltz posted another teaser image, a group shot of the Ghostbusters.
On October 25, 2019, January solicits revealed the logline, premise of the mini-series, and crew info. Dan Schoening does art for Cover A and B and Tim Lattie for Cover RI. Tim Waltz posted the trade ad for Issue #1.
On January 14, 2020, Tom Waltz posted several panels from Winston's first bust.
On January 21, 2020, a cover and 5 page preview was posted.
- The Diamond Order Code is NOV190591.
- ↑ Issue #1 Previews World page 10/25/19
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 8/23/19
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet #2 9/5/19
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 9/16/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 10/4/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 10/21/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #1 10/22/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #2 10/22/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #3 10/22/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #4 10/22/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #5 10/22/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #6 10/22/19
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 10/22/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #1 10/23/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #2 10/23/19
- ↑ Tim Lattie instagram 10/23/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 10/24/19
- ↑ Bleeding Cool "Ghostbusters Return to Year One in IDW’s Full January Solicitations" 10/25/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 10/25/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #1 12/4/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #2 12/4/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 1/14/2020
- ↑ Flickering Myth "Comic Book Preview – Ghostbusters: Year One #1" 1/21/2020
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
| TF/GB #5||Year One #2|