Ghostbusters Year One 2 is the second of a four part mini-series by IDW Publishing.
Being interviewed for a book on the Ghostbusters, RAY STANTZ will relate some of his earlier days working with Venkman and Spengler, as well as tell the tale of their first concrete encounter with a ghost... and the eventual fate of that spectral librarian that chased them out of the New York Public Library!
On October 4, 2019, Tom Waltz made a cryptic post tagging Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening, Luis Antonio Delgado, and Tim Lattie and revealing four covers featuring each of the original Ghostbusters and nods to the first movie.
On October 21, 2019, Tom Waltz posted another teaser image featuring each of the original Ghostbusters.
On November 18, 2019, in an interview recorded on November 12, Erik Burnham revealed the story is about the Ghostbusters going back to the New York City Public Library and trying to capture the Library ghost. He also revealed Dan Schoening just turned in layouts for the issue.
On December 6, 2019, Tom Waltz posted a colored but unlettered page from Issue #2.
On January 3, 2020, Erik Burnham announced work on Issue #2 was all done.
On January 20, 2020, in an interview, Erik Burnham revealed the story is set after Winston was hired and there is a scene revealing when Egon and Ray were first introduced to each other in college.
On January 27, 2020, in an interview, Erik Burnham revealed the story of Peter introducing Ray to Egon in their college days will be a few panels and hints at their hair styles being different back then.
- The Diamond Order Code is DEC190674.
- ↑ Ghostbusters Year One #2 Previews World 11/22/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 10/4/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 10/21/19
- ↑ The Comic Chronicle Podcast "Issue #122: Erik Burnham(Ghostbusters, Scarlet Spider, and More)" 29:14-29:34 11/18/19 Erik Burnham says: "And in the second issue, the author, she's asking Ray, 'So I'm doing my research, uh, the thing about the ghost in the library that you first guys got, did you ever go back?' And so in the second issue, we have them go back and go after the Librarian which you know they did that little bit in the game but we're going about it a different way."
- ↑ The Comic Chronicle Podcast "Issue #122: Erik Burnham(Ghostbusters, Scarlet Spider, and More)" 29:43-29:54 11/18/19 Erik Burnham says: "And I've seen, uh, Dan Schoening has just turned in, uh, layouts for Issue 2 and they're going to blow some minds, some crazy stuff he's drawn in there."
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 12/6/19
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 1/3/20
- ↑ Ghostbusters Interdimensional Crossrip #602 - Erik Burnham Writer of Ghostbusters Year One Returns! - January 20, 2020 11:27 -11:32 1/20/2020 Erik Burnham says: "Or um, a scene where--where Egon and Ray were introduced in college."
- ↑ Ghostbusters Interdimensional Crossrip #602 - Erik Burnham Writer of Ghostbusters Year One Returns! - January 20, 2020 14:28-14:39 1/20/2020 Erik Burnham says: We did--did get away to, ah, working him into the second issue. We had him, um, we set the second issue, is ah Ray focused and going back to the library after the Librarian so we set that after Winston was hired."
- ↑ Dynamic Forces "DF Interview: Erik Burnham reveals early cases from the Boys in Grey in Ghostbusters: Year One" 1/27/2020
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
| Year One #1||Year One #3|