|Specifics: October 19, 2019|
Transformers/Ghostbusters: Ghosts of Cybertron 1 is the first of a five part mini-series by IDW Publishing.
"GHOSTS OF CYBERTRON" PART 1! After years of civil war, the Autobots fled Cyberton, leaving their home planet in the evil clutches of Megatron and his Decepticons. Years later and millions of miles away, the Autobots pick up a Cybertronian distress signal from a mysterious planet called Earth. The ghostly signal shouldn't exist, and it'll bring Optimus Prime and his team-including brand-new Autobot ECTOTRON-face-to-face with... the GHOSTBUSTERS!
Crossing the streams after 35 years! Written and illustrated by the long-time fan-favorite Ghostbusters creative team of Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening, and Luis Antonio Delgado! Five action-packed interconnecting covers from series artist Dan Schoening! The series will also include covers from superstar artists like Nick Roche, Alex Milne, Paulina Ganucheau, Priscilla Tramontano, and more!
On December 11, 2018, Tom Waltz posted 4 rough thumbs of the prime Ghostbusters and hinted June 2019.
On January 13, 2019, Erik Burnham wrote an unexpected splash page.
On January 28, 2019, Tom Waltz teased wip art from a cover.
On February 5, 2019, Tom Waltz teased more wip art of the Ghostbusters from a different artist.
On February 15, 2019, Erik Burnham teased the first five words of dialogue in this series was "one surreal sentence to write."
On February 18, 2019, a variant cover partially previewed and an edited version of Dan Schoening's connected covers was revealed. Other cover artists include Paulina Ganucheau, Nick Roche, and Alex Milne.
On February 20, 2019, the full version of a variant cover also previewed.
On February 21, 2019, it was revealed Paulina Ganucheau, Nick Roche, and Alex Milne will provide covers for Issue #1.
On February 22, 2019, Tom Waltz posted the single version of the Issue #1 cover by Dan Schoening and Luis Delgado.
On February 25, 2019, Tom Waltz posted a page of Gozer and the Terror Dogs on Cybertron.
On February 27, 2019, in an interview with the crew, Erik Burnham described Ectotron as "a bit of a nerd," "almost as far out there for the Autobots as the Ghostbusters were from other academics here on Earth", "kind of uptight," and he's teased by the other Autobots but he will "loosen up" by the end of the story. The mini series starts in a way no one will expect. They will be dealing with some ghostly common enemies.
On March 4, 2019, Tom Waltz posted a colored page from Issue #1 of the Decepticons meeting Gozer.
On March 13, 2019, a variant cover and three colored but unlettered pages from Issue #1 were released. Andrew Griffith and Thomas Deer were also revealed to be part of the cover artists for #1.
On March 14, 2019, Tom Waltz revealed the variant cover previewed was by Andrew Griffith and Thomas Deer.
On March 21, 2019, Tom Waltz posted a colored panel of the Ghostbusters and the ghost of Starscream.
On March 22, 2019, the June solicits revealed the logline and June 19 release date. Dan Schoening and Luis Delgado did the Cover A, Nick Roche did the Cover B, Alex Milne did the RI covers 1:10 and 1:50, and Paulina Ganucheau did the RI cover 1:25.
On April 4, 2019, Dan Schoening posted a scene from Cybertron fully colored.
On April 5, 2019, an early credits and 4 page preview was posted.
On March 13, 2019, Luis Delgado finished working on Issue #1.
- The Diamond Order Code is APR190595.
- ↑ Previews World Issue #1 page 3/22/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #2 12/11/18
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 12/28/18
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 12/28/18
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 1/13/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 1/28/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #1 1/29/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet #2 1/29/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 2/5/19
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet #2 2/15/19
- ↑ io9 "Exclusive: The Ghostbusters Are Teaming Up With the Transformers to Save the World" 2/18/19
- ↑ Comic Book Resources "Transformers & Ghostbusters Collide in New Miniseries" 2/20/19
- ↑ Previews World "Egon Meets Energon in "Transformers/Ghostbusters" Series from IDW" 2/21/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 2/22/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 2/25/19
- ↑ Pixelated Geek "Transformers/Ghostbusters miniseries coming in June" 2/27/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 3/4/19
- ↑ Newsarama "GOZER Meets MEGATRON in TRANSFORMERS / GHOSTBUSTERS #1 First Look" 3/13/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 3/14/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 3/21/19
- ↑ Bleeding Cool "Transformers/Ghostbusters Crossover in IDW Full June 2019 Solicits" 3/22/19
- ↑ dannyschoening Tweet 4/4/19
- ↑ Bleeding Cool "Gozer Returns in Ghostbusters/Transformers Crossover Preview" 4/5/19
- ↑ Luis Delgado instagram 3/13/19
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
| 35th Anniv. EGB||TF/GB #2|