Transformers/Ghostbusters: Ghosts of Cybertron 4 is the fourth of a five part mini-series by IDW Publishing.
"GHOSTS OF CYBERTRON", PART 4! The Ghostbusters and their Autobot allies search the greater New York City area for the missing ghost of Starscream-and discover something much worse has been drawn to Earth. Can our heroes overcome this evil ectoplasmic entity before it utterly annihilates everything in order to achieve its ends? Find out in the penultimate chapter of this team up for the ages: TRANSFORMERS/GHOSTBUSTERS "GHOSTS OF CYBERTRON" #4!
On May 13, 2019, Erik Burnham finished the script for Issue #4.
On June 3, 2019, Dan Schoening read the script.
On July 22, 2019, Tom Waltz posted some teasers from the issue.
On August 9, 2019, Erik Burnham posted a panel of Peter talking to Optimus Prime.
On August 12, 2019, Erik Burnham posted a panel of Optimus, Ectotron, and the Ghostbusters firing their throwers.
On September 2, 2019, Luis Delgado posted a shot of Optimus Prime.
On September 3, 2019, a cover and 5 page preview was released.
On September 6, 2019, Luis Delgado posted unlettered panels of Starscream being saved.
On September 9, 2019, Luis Delgado posted unlettered panels of Starscream talking to a new threat.
On September 10, 2019, Luis Delgado posted unlettered panels of Cybertron.
On September 11, 2019, Luis Delgado posted unlettered panels of everyone opening fire.
On September 12, 2019, Luis Delgado posted unlettered panels of Kremzeek fighting back.
On September 13, 2019, Luis Delgado posted unlettered panels of Kremzeek fighting Optimus.
On September 17, 2019, Luis Delgado posted unlettered panels of a ghost charging Kremzeek.
On September 18, 2019, Luis Delgado posted an unlettered 2 page spread of Decepticon ghosts.
On September 19, 2019, Luis Delgado posted a shot of Optimus Prime.
- The Diamond Order Code is JUL190692.
- Cover A
- Devastator (robot form; Decepticon Constructicon combined) is the towering green and purple Transformer.
- Laserbeak (bird and cassette form; Decepticon Mini-Cassette) is in front of Devastator's right knee and in mid-air between Devastator and Soundwave.
- Skywarp (jet form; Decepticon) is above Devastator.
- Cosmos (UFO form; Autobot) is right of Skywarp.
- Predaking (robot form; Decepticon Predacons combined) is right of Cosmos.
- Swoop (pterodactyl form; Autobot Dinobot) is left of Slimer's right arm.
- Snarl (triceratops form; Autobot Dinobot) is left of Slimer's head.
- Sky Lynx (dinoblast form; Autobot) is above Slimer.
- Perceptor (robot form; Autobot) is in front of Devastator's right leg.
- Mirage (robot form; Autobot) is right of Perceptor.
- Skyfire (robot form; Autobot) is right of Mirage.
- Bumblebee (robot form; Autobot) is right of Blitzwing.
- Soundwave (robot form; Decepticon Chief Intelligence Commander) is right of Bumblebee.
- Thundercracker (F-15 Eagle form; Decepticon Seeker Commander) is right of Slimer.
- Cover B
- Cover RI
- The schematic is of Ectotron.
- Page 1
- The narrator mentions the Ghostbusters' bust in Brooklyn and the discovery of Starscream's escape from last issue.
- The narrator mentions the Firehouse.
- Optimus Prime is now in the same color scheme as the Ecto-35 figure.
- In panel 2, the satellite equipment is the energy disk component stolen at the start of the Transformers episode "Heavy Metal War".
- In panel 2, the vehicle behind Ectotron is the Cage Car toy that accompanies the Playmobil Real Ghostbusters Egon Spengler figure that released on April 13, 2018.
- In panel 2, the console right of Optimus has stills from:
- Left Top: The glimmer at the start of the Transformers season 1 (1984) title sequence.
- Left Bottom: The light blue "We know return to Transformers" (1984) commercial bumper featuring Starscream.
- Middle Top: Mount Saint Hilary in the Transformers season 1 (1984) title sequence.
- Middle Bottom: Schematic of a Skywarp's jet mode after he's the first scanned in The Ark in the Transformers episode "More Than Meets the Eye, Part 1".
- Right Top: The blue "We will return to Transformers" (1985) commercial bumper featuring Omega Supreme.
- Right Bottom: The orange "We will return to Transformers (1984) commercial bumper featuring Optimus Prime.
- In panel 3, the toolbox has stickers of:
- In panel 3, by the Trap is the Mitsubishi Ghostbusters Halloween Crackers box.
- Page 2
- Winston alludes to not believing in the supernatural before he joined the Ghostbusters.
- Optimus Prime mentions the Spark. The Spark is the soul of a Transformer.
- Peter mentions Janine Melnitz.
- Peter mentions shrinking. Among the Transformers fans, it was often debated how the Transformers' sizes varied between their forms leading to the headcanon term subspace. The IDW canon refers to it as mass displacement.
- Page 3
- Optimus mentions being vandalized and Peter's "When in Rome" quote from last issue.
- Peter alludes to the 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am and wardrobe from the "Smokey and The Bandit" movies.
- In panel 4, on the two monitors once again have stills from the Transformers animated series' commercial bumpers:
- Top: Commercial bumper featuring Trypticon (1986).
- Bottom: Commercial bumper featuring Shockwave (1985).
- Page 4
- Peter exclaims "Dah!" like in the first movie.
- The Ghostbusters work on equipment that Ectotron and Optimus have in their recent tie-in figures.
- Page 5
- Like the Ghostbusters did in the first movie, Ectotron blows something up the first time he uses his Proton Pack.
- Peter mentions Janine again.
- In panel 3, on the monitors are:
- Left top: Schematics of Snarl from the Transformers episode "War of the Dinobots".
- Left bottom: Schematics of Swoop from the Transformers episode "War of the Dinobots".
- Middle top: The "HYPNO-CHIP CONTROL" screen from the Decepticon lab near the end of the Transformers episode "The Ultimate Doom, Part 2".
- Middle bottom: The graphic about implanting the Hypno-Chip from the Decepticon lab near the end of the Transformers episode "The Ultimate Doom, Part 2".
- Right top: A schematic of Swoop from the Transformers episode "War Of The Dinobots".
- Right bottom: A schematic of Snarl from the Transformers episode "War Of The Dinobots".
- In panel 5, continuing from Crossing Over, the Containment Unit Monitor from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Xmas Marks the Spot" and "When Halloween Was Forever" makes a non-canon cameo on the console.
- In panel 5, on the monitor is the schematic of Scrapper from Teletraan I from the Transformers episode "Heavy Metal War".
- Optimus uses one of his famous phrases, "Let's roll out!"
- Page 6
- In panel 1, to the left is the Roosevelt Island Bridge.
- In panel 2, the 555-2368 phone number on Optimus Prime's vehicle form is the Ghostbusters' phone number seen during their commercial in the first movie.
- Based on the location of the Roosevelt Island Bridge and the design of the station, Grosbreak Generating Station is a stand-in for the Ravenswood Generating Station.
- Page 9
- Page 10
- Page 11
- Page 14
- Page 15
- Peter alludes to the power outage Ray caused in the second movie.
- Page 16
- Page 17
- Ray cites Coulomb's Law which quantifies the amount of force between two stationary electrically charged particles.
- Page 19
- Optimus Prime mentions Starscream's plea for a new body from Issue #2.
- Page 20
- Page 21
- Cover A from Transformers/Ghostbusters Issue #5 is previewed.
- On page 2 of Transformers/Ghostbusters Issue #5, Shockwave mentions Optimus' offer.
- On page 18 of Transformers/Ghostbusters Issue #5, Winston alludes to the blown up gyro copter.
- The Transformers/Ghostbusters: Ghosts of Cybertron TPB reuses Issue #4's page 19 as its title page.
- ↑ Previews World Transformers/Ghostbusters #4 page 6/21/19
- ↑ io9 "Exclusive: The Ghostbusters Are Teaming Up With the Transformers to Save the World" 2/18/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 2/22/19
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet #1 5/9/19
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet #2 5/9/19
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 5/13/19
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 6/3/19
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 7/22/19
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 8/9/19
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 8/12/19
- ↑ Luis Delgado instagram 9/2/19
- ↑ Flickering Myth "Comic Book Preview – Transformers/Ghostbusters #4" 9/3/19
- ↑ Luis Delgado instagram 9/6/19
- ↑ Luis Delgado instagram 9/9/19
- ↑ Luis Delgado instagram 9/10/19
- ↑ Luis Delgado instagram 9/11/19
- ↑ Luis Delgado instagram 9/12/19
- ↑ Luis Delgado instagram 9/13/19
- ↑ Luis Delgado instagram 9/17/19
- ↑ Luis Delgado instagram 9/18/19
- ↑ Luis Delgado instagram 9/19/19
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
| TF/GB #3||TF/GB #5|