Note: The name Officer Tim Carlson applies only to IDW Comics Canon.
Primary Canon History
Secondary Canon History
Weeks after the Gozer incident, Rebecca Morales interviewed jail guard Officer Carlson for her official book about the Ghostbusters. Officer Carlson told her they were the luckiest bunch he ever saw. He recalled their Firehouse blew up and they had them cold behind bars for the hazard. He noted they didn't seem too concerned about the incident and he thought that made them seem guilty. He remembered one of them was singing a Christmas carol or something but Mayor Lenny pulled them out. Carlson reiterated that was luck. After the Megaspook was dispersed by Death, Ron Alexander was taken into custody by the Police Captain and Jail Guard. The next year, upon Walter Peck's arrival, the Jail Guard released Janine Melnitz's team from a jail cell.
- Reginald VelJohnson, the actor that played the Jail Guard also played a cop in many movies and on TV shows, such as "Family Matters"
- The Jail Guard's collar pin indicates he is with the 27th precinct.
- There is no 27th precinct in real life, but it is famously associated with the "Law & Order" franchise.
- On page two of Ghostbusters Year One Issue #1, in panel 3, the jail guard's name in the IDW canon is revealed to be Tim Carlson.
- Carlson recognized the lyric Peter was singing was from "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town".
- IDW Comics