Ghostbusters Related Credits
In the 1980s up to 2000, Jason Reitman appeared in minor acting roles, worked as a production assistant on his father's movies, and sat in during the editing process. Reitman's directorial debut in feature film was in 2005 with an adaptation of "Thank You For Smoking" after starting out on short films and commercials. He continued to direct, including "Juno", "Jennifer's Body", "Up in the Air", "Young Adult", "Tully", and "The Front Runner".
The information in this section is gathered from IMDb and is meant to only be a brief list of highlights of their career.
- Casual (TV Series) - Director for six episodes (2015-2017)
- - Producer for forty-four episodes (2015-2018)
- Labor Day - Director, Producer, Screenplay Writer (2013)
- Juno - Director (2007)
- Thank You for Smoking - Director, Screenplay Writer (2005)
- Kindergarten Cop - Production Assistant, Actor (1990)
- Mrs. Reitman, Jason, and Catherine were originally going to have a cameo in Ghostbusters panicked residents fleeing from 550 Central Park West but it was scrapped when both got too scared after the first take and Jason would not do a second take.
- In December 2012, Jason Reitman did a live-read of Ghostbusters at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art with Seth Rogen as Peter Venkman, Jack Black as Ray Stantz, Rainn Wilson as Egon Spengler, Phil LaMarr as Winston Zeddemore, Kristen Bell as Dana Barrett, Kevin Pollak as Mayor Lenny and Walter Peck, Mae Whitman as Janine Melnitz, and Paul Rust as Louis Tully.
- Entertainment Weekly "Ghostbusters resurrected: Jason Reitman will direct a new film set in the original universe" 1/15/19
- Roger Ebert "Juno's Reitman on Ellen Page: She's the real thing. Fearless" 12/8/07Jason Reitman says: "I spent summers in the editing room, watching how films come together. I was very fortunate. I made a lot of shorts and commercials in my 20s, and I was offered a lot of movies, but my career would have gone in the wrong direction. 'Dude, Where's My Car?' was offered to me twice. It was a sexy idea, being a professional director, but I didn't do it. Making that decision time and time again, I got the career I have now."
- Entertainment Weekly "Ghostbusters resurrected: Jason Reitman will direct a new film set in the original universe" 1/15/2019 Paragraph reads: "Jason, his mother, and sister played panicked residents fleeing the “Spook Central” haunted skyscraper in the first film, but they were ultimately cut.""'
- Ghostbusters News "Details on the “surprise” video shown at Ghostbusters screenings" 7/3/2020
- Entertainment Weekly "Ghostbusters live-read: Seth Rogen, Jack Black and Rainn Wilson 12/11/2012