Kenji is a boy who enjoys classic monster movies. He saw all 12 Lizardo movies, 10 times each. While trying to recover his hat, Kenji witnesses the manifestation of Nori-ra. He attempted to warn the Ghostbusters twice but was chalked up to be another rabid fan. Kenji finally caught up to them at Tokyo Bay after they vaporized Nori-Ra and revealed them to be ghosts of movie monsters from Yamani Studios.
At Tokyo Television Tower, Kenji suggested they use an air raid siren to attract Lizardo, since it sounds like a female lizard. However, Lizardo soon crushes the siren and wanders. When Slimer was unable to hold it back, Kenji raced to Ecto-Ichi and used its microphone and stereo to anger Lizardo. Lizardo came into range and was destroyed by the Ghostbusters. As they departed, proper credit was given to Kenji.
- In the second draft of "Attack of the B-Movie Monsters," Kenji was scripted to be 12 years old.
- The name "Kenji" might have been inspired by Kenji Sahara, who was an actor in many of the Godzilla films. He has appeared in more of the Godzilla films than any other actor in the series.
- On page four of Ghostbusters Issue #5, Kenji makes a non-canon cameo as an visitor to Fantastic Land.
- On page 4 of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #4, in panel 3, Kenji makes a non-canon cameo by Janine Melnitz.
- ↑ Marsha Goodman (1991). Episode Call Sheet and SAG Report - "Attack of the B-Movie Monsters" (1991).
- ↑ Kenji (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Attack of the B-Movie Monsters" (1991) (DVD ts. 11:26-11:27). Time Life Entertainment. Kenji says: "Kenji."
- ↑ Kenji (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Attack of the B-Movie Monsters" (1991) (DVD ts. 14:21-14:23). Time Life Entertainment. Kenji says: "I seen them all 10 times."
- ↑ Mueller, Richard (2009). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection Volume Five Disc Two, "Attack of the B-Movie Monsters" Script p. 3. CPT Holdings, Inc. Line reads: "This is KENJI, a plump Japanese boy of 12, dressed in a school uniform and cap."