Leslie Jones is an actress in Ghostbusters (2016 Movie).
- Saturday Night Live (TV Series) - Cast (2014-Current)
- Writer (2014-2015)
- The League (TV Series) - Actress for 1 episode (2013)
- Girlfriends (TV Series) - Actress for 1 episode (2004)
- National Security - Actress (2003)
- Wrongfully Accused - Actress (1998)
- The role of Patty was originally written with Melissa McCarthy in mind.
- Patty Tolan's name was a direct nod to McCarthy's Irish ethnicity.
- According to Paul Feig, he mentally cast Leslie Jones after seeing her on Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update" segment.
- Leslie Jones lost 27 pounds filming the movie, took a lot of Epsom salt baths, got a lot of massages, and went to the chiropractor twice a week.
- Alyma Dorsey was Jones' stunt double.
- On page 215 of Ghosts from Our Past: Both Literally and Figuratively: The Study of the Paranormal (Three Rivers Press), Leslie Jones is thanked in the acknowledgment section.
- On page 16 of Ghostbusters Crossing Over Issue #3, in panel 4, on the POV screen of Jillian Holtzmann's Ecto Goggles is 1967, Leslie Jones' birth year.
- ↑ Empire Online "Ghostbusters - trailer breakdown with Paul Feig" 3/9/16 Paul Feig says: "Actually, when Katie and I wrote the script, we had written the role with Melissa in mind, but then I thought I've seen Melissa play a brash, larger than life character. She's done it in my movies before."
- ↑ LA Times "Upset about an all-female 'Ghostbusters'? Screenwriter Katie Dippold makes no apologies" 4/24/16 Katie Dippold says: "Dippold said she originally pictured McCarthy for that role and gave the character an Irish name in a nod to the actress' ethnicity."
- ↑ Sperling, Nicole (2016). Entertainment Weekly, p. 72. Time Inc, New York City NY USA, ISBN 092567102150. Line reads: "In Feig's mind, Jones landed the role the moment he saw her first stint on SNL's "Weekend Update"."
- ↑ IGN "What we learned on the set of the Ghostbusters Reboot" (page 1) 4/28/16 Leslie Jones says: "I've lost 27 pounds with the packs and the running and everything. It's pretty brutal. I take a lot of Epsom salt baths, I get a lot of massages, and I go to the chiropractor twice a week. [laughs] I have to, I'm old, everything is breaking. I'm like humpty dumpty."
- ↑ ESPN "What it takes to be a 'Ghostbusters' stuntwoman" 7/14/16