After experiencing one of Malachi's time slips, the team purchased parts from the International Para-psychological Expo at Tulane, the paranormal conference the Ghostbusters were scheduled to attend. The device did work, however it was too unstable and self destructed after two short uses.
Modified Charged Particle Accelerator
It is a quite unfinished Proton Pack.
Ectoplasmic Containment Module
More than likely it is a Ghost Trap, through it may need to be powered up before use as shown in the episode. It was never shown to be in fully working order.
- Amongs other things, Ray uses a bipolar oscillator and an Ono-Saki sinotron.
- On page 20 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #2, the Makeshift Proton Pack makes a non-canon cameo as Ray's disassembled Proton Pack.
- On page 7 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #3, the Makeshift Proton Pack makes a non-canon cameo once more.
- Ray Stantz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Play Them Ragtime Boos" (1987) (DVD ts. 15:58-16:01). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "There we are. A modified charge particle accelerator and an ectoplasmic containment module."
- Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Play Them Ragtime Boos" (1987) (DVD ts. 14:50-14:55). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "There's one change. Perhaps we can find enough spare parts at the Tulane Conference to put together a Proton Pack and Trap."