A few days into a dimensional bleed incident, strange noises were reported in the Bronx. The Ghostbusters were hired to investigate. Winston Zeddemore, Peter Venkman, Patty Tolan, and Jillian Holtzmann took Ecto-1 to Woodlawn Cemetery. Holtzmann skipped in with several Traps ahead of the others. They were tossed back by a sudden blue flash. The ghost of Herman Melville ran past them and warned of a great devil. A series of clicking sounds could be heard. The Moby Dick Ghost appeared above them soon after and covered them in a white Ectoplasm. Peter, Winston, and Patty were unable to properly wrangle Moby Dick in their proton streams. Holtzmann fired her Proton Pistol at its eye in an effort to antagonize it. It chased after Holtzmann and tore through several trees. She wirelessly activated the Traps she hid around the graves with her Upper Arm Remote Trigger. Moby Dick was pulled apart and trapped. Patty used her P.K.E. Meter and confirmed the cemetery was clear.
Three Proton Packs are not strong enough to wrangle Moby Dick.
- On page 9 of Ghostbusters 101 #5, Peter mentions John Bonham, the drummer of the band Led Zeppelin. The "Moby Dick" instrumental was on the Led Zeppelin II album. The instrumental originated from Bonham's jamming in the studio.
- On page 14 of Ghostbusters 101 #5, Holtzmann refers to Moby Dick as "Willy," a nod to the Free Willy movies. On page 15, Peter brings up how Willy was a killer whale wheres Moby Dick was a sperm whale.
- On page 40 of Ghostbusters Annual 2018, in panel 4, are two frames of Moby Dick.
- Ghostbusters 101
- ↑ Patty Tolan (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters 101 #5" (2017) (Comic p.9). Patty Tolan says: "Moby Dick. He wrote Moby Dick."
- ↑ Narrator (2016). Insight Editions- "Tobin's Spirit Guide" (2016) (Book p.28). Paragraph reads: "CLASS VI. MAY BE CORPOREAL."