Gremlins sabotaged the new Y-car assembly line. Unable to account for the defect, Mr. Abernathy initiated a method of last resort. He called the Ghostbusters. After the Ghostbusters confirmed to Abernathy the problem was Gremlins, he had doubts about reporting it to the GM Board of Directors. Abernathy was relieved the Gremlins were neutralized. In addition to their check, he offered to help them with anything else. Peter Venkman obliged his offer and asked to be introduced to the Queen of Soul.
- On page six of Ghostbusters Issue #9, Mr. Abernathy makes a non-canon cameo on the painting behind the Mayor of Detroit.
- On page one of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #1, Mr. Abernathy is referenced on a file drawer label behind Janine.
- ↑ Marsha Goodman (1986). Episode Call Sheet and SAG Report - "Don't Forget the Motor City" (1986).
- ↑ "Don't Forget the Motor City" Storyboard Page 24
- ↑ Peter Venkman (2009). The Real Ghostbusters- Don't Forget the Motor City (1987) (DVD ts. 05:57-06:00). Time Life Entertainment. Peter says: "Tell Mr. Abernathy the Ghostbusters are here."
- ↑ Peter Venkman (2009). The Real Ghostbusters- Don't Forget the Motor City (1987) (DVD ts. 03:58-04:00). Time Life Entertainment. Peter says: "I'm going to call the President of Generous Motors."