The P.K.E. Meter & Paragoggles is a pair of devices designed for supernatural detection and apprehension only. They were introduced in the Welcome to the Hotel Sedgewick Level as Ray explains how to use them in-game.
The P.K.E. Meter measures electromagnetic fluctuations like a divining rod or Geiger counter: Point it at psychokinetic energy and it heats up. Point it away and it goes cold. Just follow the signal to your target. Scan ghosts to add their paranormal information to your electronic Tobin's Spirit Guide.
The Paragoggles are activated independently of the P.K.E. Meter but can work in conjunction with it. They enable the user to view otherwise-invisible ectoplasmic activity, objects on the ethereal plane, and objects that exhibit paranormal affinity. At times your Paragoggles will reveal Ectoplasmic Residue, reducing the need for P.K.E. Meter readings.
- On page five of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #2, a P.K.E. Meter is in the foot locker.
- On page 18 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #18, the P.K.E. Thermometer is made from a modified version of the P.K.E. Meter as evidenced by the look and the words on screen like 'P.K.E.' but lacking the wings and handle.
- On page 11 of Ghostbusters 101 #2, a Paragoggle is on the table on the left and a P.K.E. Meter on the table on the right.
- On page 19 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #1, in panel 4, on the table are the paragoggles and P.K.E. Meter.
- On page 4 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #2, once again on the table is the P.K.E. Meter.