|Specifics: This is for 35th Anniv.|
- Erin Gilbert; Ghostbusters (2016 Movie)
Developed by Abby and Holtzmann, the P.K.E. Meter was used during the first encounter with Gertrude Aldridge and the Electrocuted Ghost. The device indicated a ghost was near by, by spinning its pink glowing antennae. At the start of the Aldridge case, Abby turned it on, checked the settings, and verified it was operating normally. Erin was curious about it and Abby explained its function to her. Erin asked if it really worked. Abby scoffed but admitted she was never in the vicinity of a ghost before to fully realize its capabilities. After Erin stepped on Ectoplasm, the P.K.E. Meter spun furiously. Abby revealed she didn't know it did that. They encountered Gertrude soon after. Abby used the P.K.E. Meter once she entered the tunnels of the Seward Street Subway Station. After electricity cackled from the lines, the P.K.E. Meter spun rapidly. Holtzmann saw the Electrocuted Ghost soon after. The device was also used by Abby on the Stonebrook Theatre case and she discovered a Hyper-Ionization Device after the meter started spinning rapidly. It was also brought along when the Ghostbusters first interacted with Rowan when he was alive. The device was forgotten in The Mercado Hotel's basement. After everyone left the room, it suddenly activated and fell to the ground. It is believed that there was only one made and in use by Abby.
After a dimensional overlap took place, Holtzmann scanned Vigo with her P.K.E. Meter in the Firehouse occupied by the prime Ghostbusters. At the conclusion of the Yorkville Brownstone case, Abby was possessed by Doctor Kruger and stomped her P.K.E. Meter to pieces. Abby used her P.K.E. Meter to help verify that Liberty Island was cleared of Connla's Army in the prime dimension. During the Fort Washington Park bust in the prime dimension, Dani Shpak used the P.K.E. Meter that Holtzmann brought. She noticed two readings. Rookie didn't believe it at first but confirmed it on his. In the midst of the bust, Holtzmann tried punching the Doom Ghost with the Proton Glove. Dani checked again, saw the ghost was still present, and thought the P.KE. Meter was wonky. Holtzmann took offense. She hugged the P.K.E. Meter and insisted it was never wonky. She looked at the screen and changed her mind. The ghost attacked them.
P.K.E. Meters detect spectral particles, such as psychokinetic energy, and the nature of substances or objects believed to be paranormal in origin. It is equipped with a transducer that converts data into a visually accessible format displayed on the built-in display. Anything paranormal appears on the display as pinpoints just like a sonar-style graphical interface. As the user and P.K.E. Meter get closer to the source, the spinning antennae separate and form a V-shape.
- Erin joked the P.K.E. Meter looked like a cotton candy maker.
- On page 17 of Ghostbusters International #8, in panel 3, the 2016 P.K.E. Meter makes a non-canon cameo to the right on the shelf.
- In Ghostbusters Annual 2017, on page 32, the 2016 P.K.E. Meter makes a non-canon cameo on the tray.
- In the Ghostbusters Annual 2017, on page 51, the P.K.E. Meter is included in the advertisement.
- The P.K.E. Meter appears on Subscription Cover A of Ghostbusters 101 #1.
- On Cover A of Ghostbusters: Answer The Call Issue #2, the P.K.E. Meter is under Holtzmann's right arm.
- Abby has the P.K.E. Meter in the lower left side of Cover B of Ghostbusters Crossing Over Issue #6.
- Ghostbusters (2016 Movie)
- Ghosts From Our Past: Both Literally & Figuratively: The Study of the Paranormal
- Covered on page 135.
- Mentioned on page 177.
- Mentioned on page 179.
- Ghostbusters (2016 Movie)
- Deleted Scenes
- IDW Comics
- ↑ Abby Yates (2016). Ghostbusters (2016 Movie) Extended Edition; Chapter 3 (2016) (Blu-Ray ts. 00:18:03-00:18:08). Sony Pictures. Abby Yates says: "It's a PKE meter. There's a ghost anywhere around here, this baby's gonna find it."
- ↑ Shaffer, Andrew (2016). Ghosts From Our Past: Both Literally & Figuratively: The Study of the Paranormal, p. 135. Three Rivers Press, New York NY USA, ISBN 9781101906002.
- ↑ Erin Gilbert (2016). Ghostbusters (2016 Movie) Extended Edition; Chapter 3 (2016) (Blu-Ray ts. 00:18:01-00:18:02). Sony Pictures. Erin Gilbert says: "Looks like one of those things that makes cotton candy."