After Louis was possessed by Vinz Clortho, he was soon arrested by the police. The Sergeant and his men didn't know what to do with him. Bellevue Hospital didn't want Louis and the Sergeant was afraid to put him in the lock-up. He thought of the Ghostbusters and decided to check with them. Janine Melnitz answered his knock and brought out Egon Spengler. After running a sweep with the P.K.E. Meter, Egon took Louis from the Sergeant's custody.
- In the 8/5/1983 draft, the Police Sergeant admits it took him and seven officers to restrain the possessed Louis. 
- The Police Sergeant's collar pin indicates he is with the 27th precinct.
- There is no 27th precinct in real life, but it is famously associated with the "Law & Order" franchise.
- In Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular, the Police Sergeant's surname was Rosenberg and he was from the 24th Precinct. 
- End Credits - Cast
- Aykroyd, Dan & Ramis, Harold (1983). Ghostbusters (First Draft August 5, 1983) (Script p. 88). Police Sergeant reads: "It took eight of us to restrain him."
- Mueller, Richard (August 1985). Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular, p. 176. Tor Books, New York NY USA, ISBN 0812585984. Police Sergeant says: "Rosenberg, Twenty-fourth Precinct."