|Specifics: This is for Crossing Over|
The Proton Pistol was like a small version of the Proton Pack with Proton Gun. It was slightly less powerful and couldn't hold some larger or more powerful ghosts by itself. Kylie Griffin almost always was the one to use it, along with the Ghost Trap.
As noted Kylie has the Proton Pistol plus the Ghost Trap which may be the very reason the Proton Pistol was made. The Ghost Trap is very large and covers a good part of the back of person. So to get a fourth blaster that could be used they made this smaller one.
- On page 13 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #17, the Proton Pistol makes a non-canon cameo as Special Agent Melanie Ortiz' new weapon.
- On Cover A of Ghostbusters 101 #6, Melanie Ortiz has the Proton Pistol.
- The Proton Pistol appears on Cover RI-B of Ghostbusters Crossing Over Issue #1.
- Every episode except "Darkness at Noon, Part 1" (not counting title sequence)
- Ghostbusters Get Real
- Ghostbusters Annual 2017
- Answering The Call
- Ghostbusters Annual 2018
- Ghostbusters Crossing Over