Samuel Hazer is a 20-something with a major in Paranormal Studies.  This discipline led Samuel to become a member of the Ghostbusters junior team.
Samuel Hazer is a full time parapsychology major, minoring in parapsychology, who immediately put in for a part-time job with the Ghostbusters when he saw an opening. Samuel loved lore almost as much as Ray and believed in magic. Samuel proved to be adept at dealing with manifestations that required problem solving in addition to zap-and-trap tactics.  Samuel was all but ready to open fire on the Cerberus Manifestation and save Bridget but Alan ordered him to stand down. He wanted to draw the entity away from her first. Samuel helped trap all of Connla's Army on Liberty Island in the prime dimension weeks away from Halloween. Egon Spengler, of the prime dimension, asked the Ghostbusters junior team for their help in retrieving ghosts that escaped from the Containment Unit and escaped into the multiverse. All of the teams involved in the operation gathered in the Warehouse.
Gabriel spoke up and Samuel asked why they didn't just use the Interspatial Teleportation Unit to go back in time and prevent the incident from happening. Gabriel agreed with Samuel but noted time travel backfired for the Flash. Alan was clueless. Bridget told him it was a TV show for nerds. Samuel asked rhetorically if it was just a show. He pointed out they had no idea the multiverse existed six months ago. The prime dimension's Egon reiterated the teleportation unit could not time travel but time was a dimension they could access in so far as they went to parallel realities that could be further ahead or further behind what they knew as the present but no action they took had an effect on their timeline.
A field team consisting of Ray Stantz, Samuel Hazer of Dimension 50-S, Peter Venkman of Dimension 68-R, Kylie Griffin of Dimension 68-E, Erin Gilbert of Dimension 80-C, and Kylie Griffin arrived in search of a ghost in Dimension 00-D. Kylie noticed they were in a rather gloomy forest. Samuel thought the Kylies would feel right at home since it was gothic like them. They didn't and messed with him. Ray asked them to stop. Eventually, Erin asked if they had any indication of what they were after, recalling her team was assigned to a mid-level Class 3. Samuel was excited about what it could be, asked Ray if he had a list of what was lost, and proposed a betting pool. Kylie informed Ray that's what he sounded like all the time. Ray denied the notion he would start a pool. The Headless Horseman arrived, grabbed Peter 68-R by the hair, and rode off. Samuel thought it was so cool. The others ran after them. After following glowing hoof prints for half an hour, the Ghostbusters found a broken Trap-Gate. Samuel found Peter 68-R's Proton Pack. Peter 68-R, possessed by the Horseman, charged towards them. Ray directed everyone to switch to low-power streams and blast him in an alternating burst pattern. He was knocked off the horse.
They surrounded the Horseman but it attacked with its pumpkin constructs. Erin wished her team brought the De-Possessor with them. Ray asked Erin to widen her Proton Stream then he threw out his vial of Psychomagnotheric Slime at it. The "skin" of the horse began to dissolve after the slime made contact and the Horseman was bucked. Samuel called out to Peter 68-R. The Horseman was still in control and leaped at him. Samuel flinched and remarked he didn't think this was how he was going to die. He paused and noticed the Horseman was paralyzed in mid-air. The Ghostbusters Beyond of 00-D, namely a splinter of the divine half of Rachel Unglighter and Louis Tully of Dimension 00-D had intervened. The field teams were whisked away by Tiamat to the Collectors' Limbo. Rather than serve her, they fought back. Tiamat was stripped of her P.K.E and trapped her.
Upon returning to their home dimension, the team requested time off. Peter was aghast. Alan explained they just got through chasing ghosts in other dimensions, fighting Tiamat in the Collectors' Limbo, and saving the multiverse. Samuel added they met so many Ghostbusters. Peter wasn't impressed and reminded them his team also saved the multiverse before. Ray added they did so at least a dozen times. Peter recalled they also got paid for it each time. Janine interceded and announced there was a call about a haunted house that appeared out of nowhere in Bayside, Queens. Peter assigned the case to the SOS team. Gabriel Sitter registered high readings off the house with his P.K.E. Meter, but Samuel didn't put much stock in it. Bridget reminded him it was because he had no common sense. Alan charged the door. Samuel observed some Symmetrical Stacking and recalled Ray's stories. An old woman asked what they were doing, but they quickly forced her hand and she revealed she was Wat then attacked them with lightning blasts. She raised them up towards the ceiling. Gabriel reached for his Pocket-Sized Grenade and tossed it at Wat. Wat was dazed and presented an opening. Samuel threw out a Trap and thought he trapped Wat. However, Wat hid itself on Alan's flight suit. Samuel admitted he never thought the stupid grenades would work but was ready for a victory shower. After researching Wat for an hour at the New York City Public Library, they were driven back to the Firehouse by Geoff.
They returned to the Firehouse. Gabriel detected an active presence inside. Samuel asked if it was Wat. Gabriel couldn't resist and joked at his expense. They fired on Wat but it transformed into its true form then chased after them. Samuel took some comfort that they at least lured Wat away from the Containment Unit. Alan tasked Gabriel and Egon with tapping into a utility box for the extra power while everyone else tried to distract Wat. Samuel and Bridget quibbled about Wat's classification. They jumped away from the path of a car Wat threw at them. They watched as Wat ate Alan. Alan blew Wat's head off and ran to Egon and Gabriel. Egon gave Gabriel the signal and he trapped Wat. They celebrated the win but the ordeal triggered a city-wide black out. He asked Egon to tell the others it was Samuel's fault.
"An optimistic scientist with a positive outlook that keeps the team's spirits up. There's no ghost too big or bad that can't be figured out and then busted. He has a slight advantage with his studies in the paranormal and makes good use of this extra knowledge to help bust the stranger entities that the team comes across." 
- Bridget Gibbons reveals Samuel cries during a certain pet adoption commercial. 
- Samuel is "pretty much the same age" as Alan Crendall. 
- For an unknown reason, Samuel knows about Alan's relation to Janosz Poha before the rest of the junior team. 
- Samuel was mentioned on the Crossing Over Virtual Trading Card #23, featuring Gabriel Sitter, posted on May 8, 2018. 
- Samuel was mentioned in the Groovy Doom Dimension bio in the 40th Crossing Over Virtual Trading Card, released on July 5, 2018. 
- On Cover A of Ghostbusters Crossing Over Issue #5, Samuel is featured.
- On page 21 of Ghostbusters Crossing Over Issue #6, Samuel's biography mentions his study of parapsychology.
- Samuel's photo is from Ghostbusters Get Real Issue #3, page 9, panel 2.
- Samuel appears on Cover B of Ghostbusters Crossing Over Issue #8.
- Samuel loves ghost lore and puppets.
- Ghostbusters Get Real
- Ghostbusters Annual 2017
- Answering The Call
- Ghostbusters Annual 2018
- Ghostbusters Crossing Over
- Ghostbusters IDW 20/20
- IDW 20/20
- Down the Basement Stairs
- ↑ http://protoncharging.com/gb/2011/02/16/sanctum-of-slime-dev-diary-and-three-new-screens/
- ↑ Level 1 Dialogue
- ↑ Narrator (2019). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters IDW 20/20" (2019) (Comic dramatis personae page). Narrator says: "The most enthusiastic paranormal researcher since Ray Stantz, Sam is a part-time Ghostbuster and full-time college student, minoring in parapsychology."
- ↑ 50-S Memo (2018). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters Crossing Over Issue #6" (2018) (Comic p.21). 50-S Memo reads: "A parapsychology student who has a love of the lore that almost rivals Ray Stantz. He is a firm believer in magic and often debates colleague Gabe Sitter over the most effective way to deal with ghosts."
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 5/3/18
- ↑ http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/02/first-look-meet-the-ghostbusters-in-sanctum-of-slime/1#uslPageReturn
- ↑ Cinematic Three
- ↑ Third Draft Script, Page 25
- ↑ Cinematic Six
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 5/8/18
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 7/5/18
- ↑ Narrator (2019). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters IDW 20/20" (2019) (Comic p.1). Narrator says: "Loves ghost lore. And puppets."