Snarg is the maternal entity in a trio of ghosts. They appear to originate from New Jersey, according to the P.K.E. Meter readings taken while they haunted a Conrad's chocolate plant. The Ghostbusters eventually captured them after a lengthy bust, but they escaped from the Containment Unit. Slug desired revenge and set up a fake paranormal eliminations and investigation business to bankrupt the Ghostbusters. Slug and Snarg disguised themselves as paranormal investigators and pretended to capture Zonk on busts.
As his plan went on, Slug decided to escalate things and seek out an old friend named Turlock. They arrived at an abandoned toy factory in Brooklyn, a known dwelling of Turlock. Instead, Slug awoke and angered a Free Roaming Vapor that turned out to be a Full Magnitude Class 10. It pursued Slug and his family across the Brooklyn Bridge. The Ghostbusters recaptured them and then focused on the Class 10. Slug and the family were later part of the entities that witnessed the arrival of Egon Spengler into the Containment Unit universe when he was in search of the Ghost of Christmas Future, Ghost of Christmas Past, and Ghost of Christmas Present.
Snarg acts like a typical mother.
Shapeshifting: Just like Slug, she can alter her appearance.
Flight: She can also fly, just like the other ghosts on the show.
- Snarg makes a cameo on a special sketch cover of Ghostbusters #9.
- On page nine of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #20, Snarg makes a non-canon cameo in the last panel on the left in her disguise.
- On page 31 of Ghostbusters Annual 2018, in panel 1, a ghost is based on Snarg.
- Snarg appears on the IDW Convention Variant cover of 35th Anniversary: The Real Ghostbusters.
- Marsha Goodman (1986). Episode Call Sheet and SAG Report - "Ghosts R Us" (1986).
- Eatock, James & Mangels, Andy (2008). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection booklet, p. 3. CPT Holdings, Inc.
- Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters- "Ghosts R Us" (1986) (DVD ts. 2:40-2:41). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "Possibly New Jersey."
- Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters- "Ghosts R Us" (1986) (DVD ts. 2:32-2:35). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "We have three Class 5 Full Torso Apparitions."