Somniwyrms are parasitic one-eyed beings created out of supernatural energy.
The dream demon Morpheus sought to cross over to and conquer the physical plane. This feat required a lot of power and a form to inhabit. Morpheus took control of the radio host Barry Sherman and used his voice as a conduit into people's minds, where he would draw the necessary energy with these Somniwyrms. While a victim was dreaming, a Somniwyrm would attach a tentacle to the forehead of the victim and drain energy. As they stored more and more energy, they began to combine and return to Barry Sherman's radio station. The Somniwyrms began to form the Morpheus Vessel, a 20 foot tall representation of the demon. It would serve as his body in the physical plane. Unfortunately, when the vessel was complete and Morpheus transferred himself from Berry into it, he had become completely ectoplasmic, allowing the Extreme Ghostbusters to easily capture him.
Somniwyrms give off no P.K.E. because they are not fully ecto, merely embryonic. Because of this, these entities could not be trapped in a Trap nor confined in Proton Streams. If the Sherman show is turned off and the victim is woken before the feeding process is complete, the Somniwyrm melts into a unique ooze.
- In the March 24, 1997 first draft, Eduardo made an out-of-character observation classifying them as average Focused, Non-terminal Repeating Phantasms.
- In the March 24, 1997 first draft, the vessel formed by the Somniwyrms collapses into a "tsunami of goo" and engulfs the Extreme Ghostbusters.
- ↑ Extreme Ghostbusters Official Website Ghostly Activity Archives L-R
- ↑ Roland Jackson (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters- In Your Dreams (1997) (DVD ts. 07:09-07:12). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Roland says: "I'm not getting anything. Zero P.K.E.."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters- In Your Dreams (1997) (DVD ts. 08:26-08:31). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Egon says: "Hmm. Not a trace of psychokinetic energy."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters- In Your Dreams (1997) (DVD ts. 15:46-15:51). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Egon says: "A Trap won't hold it. These entities aren't fully ecto, merely embryonic."
- ↑ Melching, Steven (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters "In Your Dreams" (First Draft March 24, 1997) (Script p. 18). Eduardo says: "They looked and behaved like your average Focused, Non-terminal Repeating Phantasm, but our proton guns had no effect."
- ↑ Melching, Steven (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters "In Your Dreams" (First Draft March 24, 1997) (Script p. 40). Line reads: "The Somniwyrm VESSEL collapses into a tsunami of GOO! The EGBs are SWAMPED by the slimy goo."