For the First Annual Ghostbusters Grand Prix, Egon drove the Spengler Speedster. When they were lost in the Netherworld, the Speedster short circuited and Egon lost all directional data. Eventually, the computers came back online and Egon began running a search to try and identify the entity that transported them to the Netherworld. Egon correctly deduced it was The Phantom. Just before Level 3 of The Phantom's game, the Speedster met its end.
- The Spengler Speedster was captured by gas pump hoses then eaten by a gas station's service bay. 
- On page 14 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #14, the Spengler Speedster makes a non-canon cameo as one of the floating vehicles.
- ↑ Grand Prix Announcer (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Afterlife in the Fast Lane" (1990) (DVD ts. 02:02-02:08). Time Life Entertainment. Announcer says: "Egon Spengler in his fully computerized, hydrogen propelled Spengler Speedster."
- ↑ Tucker, Keith (2009). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection Volume Four Disc Five, "Afterlife in the Fast Lane" Storyboard p. 8. CPT Holdings, Inc. Line reads: "Spengler Speedster and Ecto 1 away from cam...+o.s."
- ↑ The Real Ghostbusters - "Afterlife in the Fast Lane" (1990) (Storyboards p. 40-50). CPT Holdings, Inc.