Staten Island is one of the five boroughs of New York City and is considered the southernmost part of the city and state of New York.
In the late 1970s, the ghost of Pappy Sargassi manifested at several branches of his Sargassi's seafood restaurant, including the one on Staten Island before settling at the Sedgewick Hotel.  Decades later, one evening, Karen Pearson and her husband finished packing for a big trip and set the alarm to ring at 5:49 am. At some point, Karen was visited by the Sandman and her right eye was taken. They called the police. Brent Mitchell from the 120th precinct called on the Ghostbusters for their help in the matter. They went into the Pearson house and were placed in a lucid dream state by the Sandman. Eventually, they reunited and defeated the Sandman. Still levitating in the Pearson's living room, they all fell to the ground.
- On page 1, in panel 1, of Ghostbusters Annual 2015, Dan Schoening based the Pearson house on an actual residence on Staten Island and a fictitious one. 
- On page 9, in panel 1, of Annual 2015, the address on the Pearson's doorway is now 248 instead of 428 during the dream.
- On page 9 of Tobin's Spirit Guide, it is revealed there is a branch of Sargassi's on Staten Island.
- IDW Comics
- Insight Editions
- ↑ Narrator (2016). Insight Editions- "Tobin's Spirit Guide" (2016) (Book p.9). Paragraph reads: "Sargassi's ghost began to manifest at different branches of Sargassi's restaurants in the late 1970s, including the Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Times Square outlets, before finding a permanent home in the dining room of the branch located in the Sedgewick Hotel lobby."
- ↑ Dapperpomade Tweet 11/12/15
- ↑ What Came Before! (2016). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters International #1" (2016) (Comic What Came Before!). Line reads: "While the ladies were fending off a mountain of paperwork in the land of the rising sun, the Ghostbusters were called in to Staten Island, where they faced an entity called the Sandman (As seen in the GHOSTBUSTERS ANNUAL 2015)."
- ↑ Narrator (2016). Insight Editions- "Tobin's Spirit Guide" (2016) (Book p.41). Paragraph reads: "Recently, the Ghostbusters came face-to-face with this nocturnal entity when Karen Pearson of Staten Island woke up to the grim discovery that one of her eyes had been removed in her sleep."