The Brownstone is a carefully-restored and expensively-furnished residential located in Upper Manhattan.
In late 1989, Ray Stantz and Winston Zeddemore were hired to perform at a birthday party held in the Brownstone. Ray and Winston did not receive a very polite welcome from the 14 children in attendance who wanted He-Man instead. After they finished performing, Winston declared he wasn't doing anymore parties.
- In the August 5, 1988, page 4, and February 27, 1989 drafts, the Brownstone was located in the Upper West Side on West 77th Street. 
- The exteriors were filmed at 420 East 78th Street New York, NY 10075.
- The interiors of the Brownstone were filmed in the captain's quarters on the third floor of Fire Station No. 23 in Los Angeles.
- ↑ February 27, 1989 draft via Spook Central
- ↑ Aykroyd, Dan & Ramis, Harold (1988). Ghostbusters II (August 5, 1988 Draft) (Script p. 4). Paragraph reads: "Ext. West 77th St. - Moments Later."
- ↑ Birthday Party Exteriors, Spook Central
- ↑ Wallace, Daniel (2015). Ghostbusters The Ultimate Visual History, p. 151. Insight Editions, San Rafael CA USA, ISBN 9781608875108. Line reads: "In a subtle bit of location trickery, the previously unseen third floor of the LA firehouse doubled as the site of the birthday party where Ray and Winston perform for an ungrateful audience of fifth graders."
- ↑ Wallace, Daniel (2015). Ghostbusters The Ultimate Visual History, p. 151. Insight Editions, San Rafael CA USA, ISBN 9781608875108. Tom Duffield says: "Upstairs was the old captain's quarters, and we knew we could use it as the party scene."