The Creature (also sometimes called The Thing) is a large amphorous mass of tentacles, eyes and mouths that invaded a space station in the episode "Ain't NASA-Sarily So".
On Friday, June 13, a ghost infiltrated Space Platform Galileo and began feeding on its power sources. The Ghostbusters were hired by the government to capture the entity. After performing a sweep with the P.K.E. Meter, Egon was baffled he couldn't detect any psychokinetic energy accompanying the entity. Likewise, Ray could not find the Creature in the team's computerized Tobin's Spirit Guide.
The Ghostbusters found that the Creature was not evil in nature, just that it was merely hungry. This is confirmed when Winston tried to communicate with it. The Creature reached out to him but couldn't find any source of energy. Thus, it ignored Winston. The Creature was more like a hungry animal than a malevolent spirit. However, it was still extremely dangerous and unaware of how its actions were affecting others. So the Ghostbusters had no choice but to trap him. The Ghostbusters lured it into a trap by disconnecting the solar panel power source. The change in the platform's gravity rendered it immobile and vulnerable to attack. They used four different ghost traps to completely capture it.
It has the ability to feed off of the Proton Stream, as well as other forms of energy. The more energy it feeds on, the more its growth accelerates.
After scanning the Creature with the P.K.E. Meter, Egon Spengler concluded it had the same basic ectoplasmic makeup of a Class 4 Free Floating Spirit. He previously notes the Creature gives off a heavy reading but is made up of "empty ectoplasm," ectoplasm with no accompanying P.K.E., technically making it not a real ghost.
- In the call sheet for "Ain't NASA-Sarily So", the entity is only listed as "Ghost."
- On page 11 of Ghostbusters Issue #6, the Creature swarms over a rocket ride in Fantastic Land.
- On Cover B of Ghostbusters Issue #11, the Creature makes a non-canon cameo in the O, W, and L.
- On page 18 of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #1, the Creature makes a non-canon cameo on the middle arcade.
- On page 11 of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #3, the Creature makes a non-canon cameo on the arcade in the middle.
- On page 16 of Ghostbusters International #10, the Creature makes a non-canon cameo on the arcade in the middle.