The Jaguars are a minor league baseball team from New York City.
The Jaguars suffered a long and protracted win-less record.Winston Zeddemore purchased two tickets to a Jaguars baseball game and tried to find someone to go with him. Peter, Ray, and Janine turned down his offer. Winston offered Egon next but he declared couldn't go because he was in the middle of a project. Winston spotted Slimer and appealed to his insatiable love of junk food.
At Jaguars Stadium, the team was on the verge of another loss. Psychokinetic energy manifested and hurled the baseball at super speed into the ground. Winston reported the event to the other Ghostbusters but they are skeptical. He then revealed his research about an ancient Indian legend that stated, "Once every 500 years, the supernatural forces of good and evil fight a battle. That battle always takes place on the same site." Winston believed this same site was currently where the Jaguars Stadium was built upon. He was correct but ended up recruited into taking part in their battle.
- Winston is a loyal fan of the Jaguars.
- On page 9 of Ghostbusters Volume 1 Issue #8, on a bulletin board is a notice for free Jaguars tickets.
- On page 5 of Ghostbusters Volume 1 Issue #11, Winston Zeddemore's wardrobe is based on what Winston wore in the first part of "Night Game" down to the Jaguars shirt.
- On page 4 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #5, Winston is wearing a Jaguars shirt.
- On page 22 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #8, there is a Jaguars T-shirt in the boy's closet
- In Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #3, page 17, Peter references the Jaguars.
- On page 7 of 35th Anniversary: Ghostbusters, in panel 2, Winston's key chain is a nod to the Jaguars baseball team.
- ↑ Winston Zeddemore (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Night Game" (1987) (DVD ts. 02:51-02:53). Time Life Entertainment. Winston says: "The Jaguars!"
- ↑ Peter Venkman (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Night Game" (1987) (DVD ts. 02:56-03:03). Time Life Entertainment. Peter says: "Your loyalty is admirable, Winston. And I'm sure someday, some distant far away day, the Jags will actually win again."
- ↑ Peter Venkman (2015). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #3" (2015) (Comic p.17). Peter says: "Well, they do hit better than the Jags."