Rowan works and lives there.
- Rowan's Room
- Boiler Room (it might be the same place as Rowan's Room)
- Ground Floor
- Unknown locations in building
- The Rivera Ballroom (it likely is on the Ground Floor, though never confirmed or shown)
- Mrs. Potter's Apartment (unknown level above Ground Floor)
- Frank's Apartment (unknown level above Ground Floor)
- Most filming for the location was done on a sound stage.
- It is very loosely based on Paramount Building.
- On September 5, 2016, Annis Naeem posted a sketch of a scene, when the Ghostbusters face off against the villain, and a finished painting of the face off scene from March 26, 2015.  
- On September 8, 2015, it was reported in June that land was leased Columbia and as early as July 27, a crew built a set on a runway left over from SouthField's previous life as the South Weymouth Naval Air Station. An old 32,000-square-foot aircraft hangar was also be used. It was used for a green-screen stage and special effects photography during Boston filming. 
- The Mercado lobby was featured in the movie's first press photo, released on December 16, 2015. 
- The front doors of the Mercado have an address of 1525 Broadway placing it between West 46th and West 47th on Seventh Avenue, two blocks North of One Astor Plaza, and replacing a cluster of small buildings East of Hotel W. But an overhead shot of the hotel when it is ravaged near the end of the movie, reveals it is a stand in for the Paramount Building at 1501 Broadway.
- Rick Moranis' cameo would have been as a resident of the Mercado. When the Ghostbusters entered the hotel and confronted possessed Kevin, the resident, in his pajamas and robe, would have wandered down and stood next to them totally unaware of what was going on. Rowan would have then sarcastically pointed out there was a fifth Ghostbuster now. The Ghostbusters then told him to leave. 
- In the Tor Books Ghostbusters Novelization, on page 73, the Mercado is alternatively placed on 49th Street.
- On page 20 of Ghostbusters 101 #1, to the right of the flier is the photographs of the Rivera Ballroom and staff of the Mercado Hotel from the company website seen in the 2016 movie when Patty identified Rowan in chapter 12.
- On the Regular Cover of Ghostbusters 101 #3, the Mercado Hotel is marked on the map.
- ↑ Annis Naeem instagram post #1 9/5/16
- ↑ Annis Naeem instagram post #2 9/5/16
- ↑ Wicked Local Rockland "'Ghostbusters' reboot to begin filming at SouthField" 8/8/15
- ↑ Ghostcorps Facebook 12/16/15
- ↑ EMPIRE Online "Empire Podcast: Ghostbusters Spoiler Special with Paul Feig" 20:57-21:26 7/27/16 Paul Feig says: "We had one for Rick Moranis but he just didn't -- he wasn't interested in doing it which we ended up cutting out and I feel bad because Brian Baumgartner -- if you know American 'Office' he played Kevin on the American 'Office.' He did it. It was a fun thing when they show up in the Mercado lobby and facing off against Kevin who's possessed by Rowan. He's, 'Oh, I see there's five of you now. 'Huh?' And the camera pans out, widens out to reveal this guy's standing there in his pajamas in a robe. And they're, 'Get out of here!' It was Brian but wrote it for Rick."
- ↑ Narrator (2016). Tor Books- "Ghostbusters Novelization (Holder)" (2016) (Book p.73). Line reads: "The Mercado, one of Manhattan's iconic Art Deco structures, loomed over Forty-ninth Street like a falcon on a cliff."