The Roylance Guide to Secret Societies and Sects  (also known as Roylance Guide) is a book that appears to focus primarily on human-led groups that worship supernatural entities.
While investigating Zuul for Dana Barrett, the Ghostbusters appear to have found the first of many links between Zuul, Gozer, Ivo Shandor, and the Cult of Gozer in the Roylance Guide. Peter Venkman reports to Dana and shows her excerpts from the Roylance Guide, "The name Zuul refers to a demi-god worshiped around 6000 BC by the Hittites, the Mesopotamians and the Sumerians. Zuul was the minion of Gozer." Peter then manages to wrangle a date with Dana and jokes about bringing the Roylance Guide.
En route to Fantastic Land outside of Schenectady, the Ghostbusters took along their copy of the Roylance Guide in an attempt to narrow down the possible identity of the entity they were about to face.
- In the August 5, 1983 draft of Ghostbusters, the Roylance Guide was known as the Roylance Catalog of Secret Sects and Societies.
- Egon goes more in depth with the entry about Gozer. 
- On Page 128 of Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular, the full name of the book is given as the "Roylance Guide to Sacred Sects." 
- On Page 45 of Ghostbusters: The Video Game Official Game Guide, the second Ray's Occult Road Show block features Hohman's Black Low-Rise. Ray writes that according to "The Roylance Guide to Secret Societies and Sects," the TRI building is cursed. 
- In the Tor Books Ghostbusters Novelization, on page 36, The Roylance Guide is one of the books read by Erin Gilbert and Abby Yates during high school.
- ↑ Third Draft, Revised 10/7/1983, p. 64 via Spook Central
- ↑ Aykroyd, Dan & Ramis, Harold (1983). Ghostbusters (First Draft August 5, 1983) (Script p. 107). Egon says: "This is from the Roylance Catalog of Secret Sects and Societies. The name Gozer refers to an ancient demonic spirit that was worshipped in a lost pre-Sumerian society known as the Sebouillias. The Sebouillias disappeared without a trace but the ancient Sumerians kept a fragment from their religious text called the Glethestement.""
- ↑ Mueller, Richard (August 1985). Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular, p. 128. Tor Books, New York NY USA, ISBN 0812585984.
- ↑ Bueno, Fernando (2009). Ghostbusters: The Video Game Official Game Guide, p. 45 (Realistic Version). Prima Games, Roseville CA USA, ISBN 2008930552.
- ↑ Narrator (2016). Tor Books- "Ghostbusters Novelization (Holder)" (2016) (Book p.36). Line reads: "First they read the standard "ghost hunter" works: Spates Catalog, Tobin's Spirit Guide, and The Roylance Guide."