Thole is a powerful demon that dominates a section of the Netherworld.
Thole is a demon known to inhabit the Netherworld. He is also the brother of the demon Arzun and commands a legion of Rock Demons called Thons. In 1690, Heronymus attempted to summon both demons to do his bidding. He failed and was pulled into their realm. Centuries later, the Ghostbusters encountered Arzun in New York and trapped him. In the battle, Egon Spengler was discorporated by feedback from his Destabilizer. In order to save him, the other Ghostbusters had to build a Molecular Phase Amplifier, which would cost $78,632 to build. In order to get that money, they had to go bust ghosts like they've never busted ghosts before. They succeeded after catching many ghosts, including the Glutton Ghost, the Haunted Blimp, and the Dancing Specters.
Unfortunately, they were too late. However, they were able to go to the Netherworld and find Egon. In exchange for a favor, Heronymus revealed Thole took Egon to his keep as a prisoner. The Ghostbusters and Heronymus infiltrated the keep and freed Egon but were discovered. They managed to flee Thole's forces and return home. Heronymus changed his mind and elected to stay behind. Winston Zeddemore gifted him a Proton Pack. Undoubtedly, Heronymus became an archenemy of Thole with science and technology on his side.
When two teams of Ghostbusters captured Proteus in their Proton Streams, the god was forced to show them the future. Since eight men captured him at once, he had to show eight futures at once. One of the futures gleaned was of Thole.
- Thole can speak without moving his lips.
- Thole is seen in What in Samhain Just Happened?! on page 22. It is among the audience watching Sam Hain perform.
- On the Convention Cover of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #1, Thole makes a non-canon cameo below Killerwatt.
- Ghostbusters Get Real
- ↑ Marsha Goodman (1986). Episode Call Sheet and SAG Report - "Egon's Ghost" (1986).
- ↑ Heronymus (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Egon's Ghost" (1987) (DVD ts. 15:28-15:32). Time Life Entertainment. Heronymus says: "Thole, the brother of the demon Arzun, has taken him to his keep."
- ↑ Heronymus (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Egon's Ghost" (1987) (DVD ts. 16:28-16:33). Time Life Entertainment. Heronymus says: "Aye, since the year of our Lord 1690."
- ↑ Heronymus (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Egon's Ghost" (1987) (DVD ts. 16:33-16:38). Time Life Entertainment. Heronymus says: "I foolishly tried to summon Arzun and Thole to do my bidding."
- ↑ Winston Zeddemore (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Egon's Ghost" (1987) (DVD ts. 16:38-16:41). Time Life Entertainment. Winston says: "I get it. They brought you back to the Netherworld."