Ecto-Popper and Ecto-Goggles is toy weapons sold together, which is part of Kenners The Real Ghostbusters Toy Line. The Ecto-goggles are based off of The Real Ghostbusters animated series Ecto Goggles. Both items utilize the "Pop" element.
Ecto-Popper and Ecto-Goggles (group name)
with four soft foam pops
Front of Card Notes
Find ghosts and blast them!
Back of Card Instruction
Store soft foam "Pops" on sides of Ecto-Goggles. To load, insert a soft foam "Pop" into barrel end of toy.
After insertion of "Pop," squeeze large center section of toy firmly to fire "Pop."
Cut out the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man and then blast him into the next dimension!
NOTE: Have parent cut out target and base with scissors. Insert base into figure to make it stand.
Description from Action Toy Guide (1989)
Wear the same tinted goggles Stantz uses to track ghosts in Ecto-Vision. Also comes with Ecto-Popper that shoots ghost-destroying plugs 6 feet!
Description from Action Toy Guide (1990)
(As seen in "Ghostbusters II" Movie) Wear the special tinted goggles to track ghosts in Ecto-Vision. Stop ghosts cold with your Ecto-Popper weapon.
- The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man target is the same as the one that came on the back of the GhostPopper packaging, which also has a similar concept.
- Even though it is based on the Real Ghostbusters design of the Ecto Goggles, it is promoted "as seen in Ghostbusters II movie" in the Action Toy Guide for 1990.
- On page 6, panel 3, of Ghostbusters Annual 2015, the Ecto Goggles used are visually based on Ecto-Popper and Ecto-Goggles toy
- Later, on page 8, in the Ecto-Goggle POV, one of the readings is "1989 MHz" - a possible nod to Ghostbusters II, which released in 1989.
- On page 3 of Ghostbusters 101 Issue #6, in panel 3, Garrett is wearing the Ecto-Goggles.
- On Cover B of Ghostbusters Annual 2018, Kylie Griffin wears Kenner's Ecto-Popper and Ecto-Goggles.