Ghost Trap is an toy weapon, which is part of Kenners The Real Ghostbusters Toy Line. Based off The Real Ghostbusters animated series Ghost Trap. This is the second role playing toy based on the ghost trap. Previously, the Ghost Spooker was released, which visually looked like a ghost trap with a voice modulator feature.
with Jail Jaw ghost (name not noted on any packaging)
Front of Card Notes
Step on pump to open doors and trap ghosts!
Back of Card Instruction
Unhook the Ghost Trap from your Proton Pack Back Pack...
and roll it out into position.
Step on the pump to open the doors. Once the ghost is captured, let the doors slam shut!
Description from Action Toy Guide (1989)
New! Capture ghosts just like The Real Ghostbusters! Press the pedal to open the glow-in-the-dark door and capture ghosts. Containment chamber hooks onto Proton Pack.
Description from Action Toy Guide (1990)
(As seen in "Ghostbusters II" Movie) Capture ghosts just like The Real Ghostbusters! Press the pedal to open the glow-in-the-dark door and capture ghosts. Hooks onto Proton Pack.
- Jail Jaw Ghost had three releases.
- Even though it is based on the Real Ghostbusters design of the ghost trap it is promoted "as seen in Ghostbusters II movie".
- The pump/pedal was re-used in the Nerf line's "Missile Launcher".
- On page 18 of Ghostbusters International #7, the Paranormal Containment Research Tank's pedal is visually inspired by the Kenner Trap's.
- On page 3 of Ghostbusters 101 #3, in panel 3, Ms. Zeigler's Trap is visually based on Kenner's Trap toy.