Welcome to my Talk page. Please new add your message to the bottom end of the page and I will respond as soon as I can.
Page protection thoughts
Hey, Kirkburn from Fandom Support here. I noticed the recent page protections and was a little concerned by them, but after seeing Special:ProtectedPages and the spoiler policy my concerns are mostly allayed. That said, I did notice some rather old protections that may have been forgotten? Belt Gizmo and Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, for example. Consider this a friendly note that the old protections may need a review. Thanks! -- Kirkburn (talk) 19:58, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
- I was supposed to get all those from before mid last year. Those didn't show up on the list when I had went through getting them. I'll fix those, though the Belt Gizmo is in the new film, so I'll adjust it to the 8th. (Talk Page) 20:59, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
- I appreciate you taking a look, thanks! -- Kirkburn (talk) 21:00, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
I rolled back your edit to the IDW article. "IDW relinquished the Ghostbusters license in 2020" would require a source for it to be restored to the article. As far as what is clear, is the series went on hiatus for the focus to be on Ghostbusters: Afterlife. I haven't seen any press release, article, or interview confirming IDW lost the license. Mrmichaelt (talk) 08:39, 24 January 2022 (UTC)
We have nothing but proof that they don't currently have the license. Comixology. There's zero Ghostbusters comics on Comixology. You don't lose your back catalog when you take a break from releasing new comics. RogerBlake (talk) 08:57, 24 January 2022 (UTC)
The wiki page stating they currently hold the license is a bad idea. You are stating as fact information you can not verify. They clearly don't have it. It's misleading. It can only cause confusion. Maybe "IDW apparently relinquished the Ghostbusters license in 2020." That's when the the last TPB fell off the solicits. RogerBlake (talk) 09:03, 24 January 2022 (UTC)
- Do you have proof that IDW still holds the Ghostbusters comic license? If they held the license, the comics would be available on Comixology. There's no reason to not get the sales of digital comics from all of the new fans that the new movie would bring in.
- Whether they decided they ran out of stories to tell, or if Sony wanted more money for the license because of the new movie, it is very clear that IDW relinquished the license. RogerBlake (talk) 08:59, 24 January 2022 (UTC)
- No, I do not but the absence from Comixology is not enough to make a final determination. It is suspect, yes. Still, we have to keep waiting until a definitive statement is made by Sony, GhostCorps, IDW, or another official source like an advanced comic solicitation. As a compromise, I'll add in a line noting the last time a new issue came out. Mrmichaelt (talk) 09:07, 24 January 2022 (UTC)
I hope that you don't mind if we talk about the Cult of Gozer do you? The reason why because well the Stone Gargoyles only appear in locations built by Shandor such as the Sedgewick hotel and Shandor island. So I think it's important to say that the Stone Gargoyles are a part of the Cult of Gozer.
Also I didn't see Godfrey Sedgewick or John Hohman as part of the Cult of Gozer there's no information about them in the cult. The reason why why because Shandor hated people and so did Godfrey Sedgewick even though Mr. Sedgewick founded and built the hotel Shandor helped to build it so I would say he is part of the Cult of Gozer.
John Hohman well it says that he is an occultist who helped build the scale model of Black Low Rise Tri built it for Ivo Shandor. So because he is an occultist and because he built the scale model for Shandor I'd say that John Hohman is part of the Cult of Gozer. But John Hohman and Godfrey Sedgewick aren't shown or listed with the other members of the cult. Thick Metal (talk) 3:04 January 31 2022
- They are not part of the Cult of Gozer because it was never outright confirmed Godfrey Sedgewick or John Hohman were members of the Cult of Gozer. At this wiki, we are strict about what gets added to articles and we don't allow intuitive leaps or speculation. The Hohman's Black Low-Rise only states Hohman was an American occultist who commissioned a scale model from Shandor's architectural firm. Being an American occultist or happening to have hired Shandor's firm for something doesn't confirm he was a member of the Cult of Gozer or part of. Nor does the Portrait of G. Sedgewick's bio confirm Godfrey was a member, just he detested people and hired the Shandor firm. There's no information of how complicit he was to the cult's activity in his hotel or was even aware they were behind it. The difference between Godfrey and Ivo was Godfrey hated people and Ivo thought humanity was too sick to survive. That isn't the same thing. Mrmichaelt (talk) 08:25, 31 January 2022 (UTC)
- You're welcome and thank you for bringing the issue to my attention with your edit. Mrmichaelt (talk) 00:14, 9 March 2022 (UTC)
Ghostbusters: Afterlife Minor Characters
- We're still trying to figure out who they are before we create the pages.Mrmichaelt (talk) 23:37, 24 March 2022 (UTC)
Hi! I've sent you an email regarding an interesting topic to your address linked with your Fandom account. Please make sure you have received it, and if you didn't or if you're currently using another address, please let me know. In addition, please reply me to the topic through the email and not here due privacy reasons. Thanks! --CuBaN VeRcEttI (Contact) 09:37, 30 March 2022 (UTC)
Hey, suppose we could create pages of lists dedicated to the uncredited actors and extras in the Ghostbusters franchise including the 2016 reboot by adding pics of themselves and their appearances in the movies? (Hobbiton777 (talk) 23:19, 11 June 2022 (UTC))
- Devilmanozzy will weigh in, too. My initial thoughts are it will be difficult to credit and verify uncredited actors given our M.O. at the wiki unless there's a exception such as an extra becomes "famous" later in life and coincidentally an example popped up today of the co-director for the animated movie admitting he was an extra in GB2. It's not a "yes" or "no" right now but consider this an ongoing conversation. Thanks for suggesting the idea. Mrmichaelt (talk) 00:24, 12 June 2022 (UTC)
- Any uncredited actors and extras would be first added to their respective cast and crew page. (Category for those: Category:Cast_and_Crew_Credits) Note, because of questionable submissions that were proven wrong over the years, we at this wiki are rightly strict on what is allowed. We do not accept IMDb or Wikipedia as references on the subject as they sometimes get it wrong. The wiki would rather not have it than be wrong. Picture galleries should never be a major concern if the person in question isn't confirmed yet. If the uncredited actors / extras is important, then a article would be made which would then use photos from other roles and whatnot. (Talk Page) 08:59, 12 June 2022 (UTC)
On Laura Branigan's birth year
I'm a Laura Branigan fan from Vietnam here and I want to make clear regarding Laura's birth year, her birth year is actually 1952 according to her public records and not to mention, she make herself younger to get a music label contact. It’s very common for stars to lie about their ages (i.e. Doris Day, Mariah Carey, Norma Talmadge). And even today, Laura's legacy management had finally accepted 1952 as her birth year and even posted in Facebook on her 70th birthday.
- I'll look into this with the other administrator before any changes are made. Mrmichaelt (talk) 08:00, 5 July 2022 (UTC)
- I was there during the Wikipedia argument. The AP News reference is good enough. Please refrain from posting personal information about people on here. We're a wiki, not a blog. (Talk Page) 13:19, 5 July 2022 (UTC)
Ok I will try harder I thought though you had to capitalize a word when there was a comma in front of it.
Also I could not figure out how to get a hold of you I have never had this problem on the other Fandom pages I go to I almost got frustrated and gave up trying to reach you. (Feedback99 (talk) 00:44, July 13, 2022
- What kind of difficulties did you have in reaching my page? You can look at the green drop down menu and under Community/Rules, there's Introduction as the first choice and then choose Current and Past Adminship. On that page is a link to any of the staff's pages are present. Or in the history of pretty much any article, a link to my page is there. Also please hit the signature button after you type in your message. It's the one after the button for underline. Mrmichaelt (talk) 00:50, 13 July 2022 (UTC)
Trying to send you a message
Well it really wasn't a matter of that I couldn't find you but a matter of that I couldn't send you a message on other Fandom sites like powerrangers.fandom.com the profiles have a message wall to send messages to others on the site and it asks me if I want to write a reply to anyone sending me a message but this site doesn't have that and I was having trouble trying to send you the message.Feedback99 (talk) 01:00, 13 July 2022 (UTC)
- A long while back it was decided to stick with the talk pages. Mostly cause they are not a program mess. (Talk Page) 01:05, 13 July 2022 (UTC)